• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Drone vs. Hornet

It doesnt glide as well as a Roc, but it is faster and more overstable. I would have to disagree with DGC's numbers. Too me this disc flies like a very overstable wasp/premium plastic roc

*Shines comet and roc with fore arm* so few will ever know how awesome a combo you two really are... *sigh*

jager is gay. *dumps out medfunk's bottle*

drone is a good disc but you do have to throw it pretty hard to make it work. I find myself using it for shots that I would normally throw a putter on, but with the winter winds blowing, it's easier to throw something predictable like a drone. Also it is useful for distance control on certain types of shots. I can throw it at just about full power and know it's not going to go more than 220'ish at the most.

Um, every thrown a max weight KC Pro Roc? Not as beefy as the Hornet, but it's no Buzzz either

Yes I have, and I throw super rocs too. I still dont consider them to be overstable.:p
But your right, it does have more stability then a buzz in those plastics, especially the champ rocs.
I thought I would like the drone for an overstable in the wind, but that thing does fly.like a brick. I dont see the point in having a mid like that when I can just powerdown an overstable driver. Id like to try a hornet out though.

Yes I have, and I throw super rocs too. I still dont consider them to be overstable.:p
But your right, it does have more stability then a buzz in those plastics, especially the champ rocs.
I thought I would like the drone for an overstable in the wind, but that thing does fly.like a brick. I dont see the point in having a mid like that when I can just powerdown an overstable driver. Id like to try a hornet out though.

Stability depends on the thrower ;)

Um just so you know, the roc is not an overstable midrange, it is a stable midrange though. ;)

The roc is high speed stable for the majority of them, most max weight rocs and especially in premium plastics are overstable out of the box. None of them are stable. Slightly overstable just like the wasp is a better description.

It's not an opinion, maybe poor form, but not opinion.

Last edited:
I like DGC numbers on my ESP Hornet, cepti maybe a 3.5 fade in stead of 4.

Very much like a Mid Range Pred IMO, and just what I wanted.

Very much like a Mid Range Pred IMO, and just what I wanted.

Just picked up a brand-spanking new 176 Z Hornet. This is the most accurate description for it IMO.

Thrown flat it's dead straight with no turn out to 250' with a hard right fade(LHBH) at about 75% of it's flight. Thrown Anny it always comes back and it holds hyzer lines without popping flat.

Discraft really struck gold with this mold. It's definitely found a permanent spot in my bag.

Latest posts