• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dx Destroyer Throws Like Champion Sidewinder

swiftchariot

Just bought a DX Destroyer 163g and I love it b/c it hyzer flips out of the box. I have a star orc 163g that doesn't hyzer flip, still fairly new. The Dx Destroyer almost flys like a champion sidewinder and it easily turns over. Is this true for all DX plastic discs (out of box)? What I mean is that plastic type changes a disc from a 12/5/-1/3 to a 9/4/-3/1.

Shit can happen in manufacturing, transport and stoarage. Has the outer edge of the disc bent down unevenly so that one part is lower than elsewhere? Dx can change a lot with one hit. Valkyrie is a known extreme example of that in dx. I do not think the speed rating would change into a 9 even with a bent disc. Considering i tossed my dx Teebird with a 30 degree bend down in the wind and it only flipped more. In practical terms so it may have lost some speed rating and distance but more like half to one speed rating. Also the fade should still be there even if that will be less than originally if the disc has taken a hit. Sidewinder fades very little and the Destro quite a lot.

If the speed really is a 9 then the wing should be shorter and the disc would be misstamped something else than a Destro.