• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Making Their Own

Wow, Dynamic is stepping out. They did big w/ apparel and tourney sponsorship, now bags and their own line of discs. That's a big step up, but a logical move for continued growth, I think. I guess I saw the bags being the next thing from them making sense, but I'm surprised but not shocked that they would try to produce their own plastic as well.

They already have an established retail network and the margin on selling your own plastic directly has got to be way bigger than pushing other company's products. Imagine how hot Discmania would be if they already had sponsorship deals w/ big name players, ran their own F ton of tourneys and had as much brand identity as DD before they started releasing their own plastic.

I'd assume that they'd pair up with Discraft for molds, like DGA. They already get a ton of exclusive and limited edition stuff from them that it makes sense. But they also get a bunch from Innova, like the King Cobras and Super Stingrays. One was glow, one was sparkle.... I forget which was which. There's others too, from both companies. Since their retail store is in town, I remember seeing them on displays and it seems like there is stuff in the store that's not online.

Two more thoughts and then I gotta get back to work. :\
Wonder what you'll be getting in players packs at their tourneys from now on?

Latitude plastic is sweet, and crzytal feels good but DyeMax is the shizz. Can you imagine what they'll do for production runs when it's on their own plastic and not low production or custom stuff. That could be soooo sweet.

But why does Latitude need to make discs for DD to break into the market? Sure, they're a big retailer, but I feel like Lat could do this on their own and grow their current market under their own name...

We seem to have the same base knowledge, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here. DGA uses the four characteristic flight ratings and they're molded by Discraft.
I'm not suggesting the use of the flight ratings, I'm suggesting the FONT that they are displayed in, which also appears in the disc names on the premium line of discs that this company sells.

I'll take the over on 24.

Dyemax goldline for everybody! They already do a few and have em at the shop and in their swagwagon. The discs look and feel incredible.

But why does Latitude need to make discs for DD to break into the market? Sure, they're a big retailer, but I feel like Lat could do this on their own and grow their current market under their own name...

Short of people "in the know" in DG, Latitude is still a relatively unknown company. I play with pros who don't have a clue what my River is. DD is an established US retailer that specializes in the "cool" side of disc golf. Latitude probably just offered them the best deal for a backing manufacturer when word got out they were in the market.

I expect to see DD baskets in the future as well. I know that was a big thing Latitude makes and wishes they had a more viable options to get them overseas for sale (I hear they're pretty darn nice baskets, too).

Who gives 3 shakes who's making discs. As long as I'm getting sweet plastic, I don't care if McDonald's is making the discs. If they are the quality of a GL river, I just don't care.

Sure, I'd love to support some companies more than others. But the bottom line is, I want quality discs.

Who gives 3 shakes who's making discs. As long as I'm getting sweet plastic, I don't care if McDonald's is making the discs. If they are the quality of a GL river, I just don't care.

Sure, I'd love to support some companies more than others. But the bottom line is, I want quality discs.

What if Lat started making the McRib but with pearly, swirly, and sparkle BBQ sauce?

You can't hoard McRibs just because they're made by a disc company booter! They do enough damage when they're fresh.

I can see the sale thread though.
Lat Opto McRib, swirly BBQ, 8/10
Been bit a couple times but in good shape overall. Bread still soft(ish) Lots of bites left.

Last edited:
i couldnt hoard them if i wanted to...id eat them before id put them up

Just a heads up. I now have this mental image of you carrying a Voodoo Zulu, filled with 20 destroyers and 20 mcribs. This is now forever burned into my brain.

I immediately thought of the L64 Vision stamp when I saw the DD disc image. Anyone else? I'd like to think this'll be closer to the L64/Westside partnership. And ultimately ZAM will have been correct, again, obviously...

you guys actually dig on the mcrib? i have never been able to make myself order/eat one.. but hell i dont eat anything from mcdonalds other then a butter biscuit here and there.. when i was a drunk i would eat a couple doubles to sober up for the ride home but that was when i was young and dumb.. or young and dumber :)

It's like the movie you hated when you left the theater but spent three days thinking about before realizing how amazing it really was.