• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] watt

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
lots of talk about disc this over in the mvp discussion. i am super curious about this disc & think it deserves its own thread.

saw this dyed on one, should have bought it
Wat8.jpg

sidenote: how do we get the title prefix nowdays (i faked it)?

I've been digging the Watt, it's seems like a hybrid of many good qualities stolen from their other molds. It's a line holding machine, reasonable glide but not too much. Great placement disc and short tunnel runner. It seems to have better glide at low speeds than many of their other putters but more of a medium glide at distance.

how does it compare to the glitch?

how does it compare to the glitch?
I don't know everyone keeps talking about how it's comparable to a glitch, I guess so. The glitch is Mega floatie and requires very little arm speed I guess the watt could be a power glitch. If I was going to compare it to another disc in their lineup I would compare it to an OHM or an electron atom. It has a really nice ability to hold a turn or a laser straight line

Yeah, it's a ton like an Atom with a wing sort of in between that and the Spin.

MVP says it's a cousin to the Ohm and Pilot. Flight numbers are practically the same with the Watt a touch less stable. Seems kinda redundant and unnecessary but that's never stopped MVP from pumping out new putter molds before.

MVP says it's a cousin to the Ohm and Pilot. Flight numbers are practically the same with the Watt a touch less stable. Seems kinda redundant and unnecessary but that's never stopped MVP from pumping out new putter molds before.
When I first started throwing it I thought man discerdoo isn't going to be happy about this. It's probably going to squish any ohm Revival especially if people are talking about it being like a glitch. Which again I don't really think it is but it's going to get a lot of people to try it and they're going to totally continue to overlook the ohm which is a great mold, and that's from someone who hates Pilots

When I first started throwing it I thought man discerdoo isn't going to be happy about this. It's probably going to squish any ohm Revival especially if people are talking about it being like a glitch. Which again I don't really think it is but it's going to get a lot of people to try it and they're going to totally continue to overlook the ohm which is a great mold, and that's from someone who hates Pilots
Meh, I'll be 62 shortly and I have 8 or 9 Ohms. That should probably last until I'm 70.

Last edited:
I'm hoping it is similar to the Ohm. I use the Ohm for my putting putter and am considering the Watt as a throwing putter. I got to hold a Watt (it was part of a raffle and I didn't win it), it felt good in the hand (better than the Glitch). Once I get one, I plan on putting with both and throwing with both to see what each one is the 'best' for. One possibility for me....I don't care for the Ohm when I need to forehand an upshot. Maybe the Watt will fill that slot (currently held by the DGA Breaker).

I don't know everyone keeps talking about how it's comparable to a glitch, I guess so. The glitch is Mega floatie and requires very little arm speed I guess the watt could be a power glitch. If I was going to compare it to another disc in their lineup I would compare it to an OHM or an electron atom. It has a really nice ability to hold a turn or a laser straight line
I actually wanted a Glitch, but I like my putters heavy. The PIAS rep said, "we got this new disc, a heavy weight Glitch", and the tag on it even said "MVP Watt Glitch SE", so I forked over $20.99 plus tax for it, which I try not to do often (love buying $5-8 used discs in good shape). Pretty disc, but so far has not earned a slot in my bag on game day like I hoped, and I found out same night it is not a Glitch. 🙁

I actually wanted a Glitch, but I like my putters heavy. The PIAS rep said, "we got this new disc, a heavy weight Glitch", and the tag on it even said "MVP Watt Glitch SE", so I forked over $20.99 plus tax for it, which I try not to do often (love buying $5-8 used discs in good shape). Pretty disc, but so far has not earned a slot in my bag on game day like I hoped, and I found out same night it is not a Glitch. 🙁

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
So yeah, people will not only buy it thinking it is like a heavy weight Glitch, some people will buy it thinking it IS a special edition heavy weight Glitch! Lol.

I kinda dig the Watt. If I didn't already have a Z Swirl Fierce, it'd be in my bag. I got a really pretty one from Amanda Melwiki at CCR. Eventually that Fierce will beat in a bit too flippy, and I'll probably cycle the Watt in for its lifespan.

Good float, pretty glidey, holds a great anhyzer (fades to flat), otherwise it's pretty good for straight shots that need a hair of fade - but it's not stable enough that I don't want something else in my bag for shots I need to make sure don't turn (currently bagging a putter blend Luna for this).

to me its like a less overstable berg. very straight, not much glide, easier to control than a glitch for me

So would this be a good disc to play around with in order to clean up form? I have a ton of neutral putters plus a Comet already that would probably serve that purpose, but I'm always looking for an excuse to buy another disc.

So would this be a good disc to play around with in order to clean up form? I have a ton of neutral putters plus a Comet already that would probably serve that purpose, but I'm always looking for an excuse to buy another disc.
It's a fun disc, but it's nowhere near as good as a Comet for cleaning up form

Yeah there's nothing like a comet for form work, especially an x or flippier one. Now if you really have some money burning a hole in your pocket the glitch isn't bad for formwork, it's not great overall for form but it is solid for ironing out your release angle relative to snap and it's fun to throw. Thing is it usually wants a touch of hyzer, not totally flat like a comet, but it tracks on your release angle immediately giving you feedback you may not get from another disc.

The Watt is a decent middle of the road putter, good placement disc but not the loftiest putter, which isn't a bad thing, I found it relatively easy to get it to glide and fly straight with less spin than most of the overmolds need.

I did a field session last week with the Watt, Total Eclipse Proxy, Neutron Proxy, R2 Atom, R2 Glitch, Neutron Soft Glitch, Neutron Ohm, and Cosmic Neutron Pilot. The Glitch is by far the deepest, followed by the Pilot and the Ohm. The Atom, and Proxy all feel very similar in rim depth and hand feel in general. The Watt feels like a beadless Ohm. Not as deep as the Glitch.

Flight-wise, I don't have the best backhand, but I was throwing them around 220 on average. Obviously, the Glitch is the least stable of the bunch when you give it a bit of juice. Next came the Neutron Proxy and the Ohm. I'll have to play with this a bit as the Ohm being a bit understable surprised me. The R2 Atom and Total Eclipse Proxy were similar, and the straightest flying for me that day. The Watt was next, just a bit more stable than the Atom and Eclipse Proxy. The Pilot was the most stable. The Pilot might be an anomaly. It's a bit slick for me and a bit deep for my small hands, so I suspect this was more a case of early releases than actual overstability.

Sunday doubles was at my place today... reached for the Watt a few times, did well 3 of out 4 times. Threw the watt on the big downhill grabbed the ctp on the final throw winning the playoff for 2nd. $2 of its paid for haha

I kinda dig the Watt. If I didn't already have a Z Swirl Fierce, it'd be in my bag. I got a really pretty one from Amanda Melwiki at CCR. Eventually that Fierce will beat in a bit too flippy, and I'll probably cycle the Watt in for its lifespan.

Good float, pretty glidey, holds a great anhyzer (fades to flat), otherwise it's pretty good for straight shots that need a hair of fade - but it's not stable enough that I don't want something else in my bag for shots I need to make sure don't turn (currently bagging a putter blend Luna for this).
Is the Fierce a good putting putter? Especially for someone that likes a straight putter, and wants to improve percentages at 30-60 feet?