• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Discs

Years ago. Around the same time they put flight numbers on their discs and began molding everything in-house as opposed to having Maple Valley Plastics mold on their behalf.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that MVP is no longer manufactured by MVP and that MVP is now manufactured in house by MVP?

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that MVP is no longer manufactured by MVP and that MVP is now manufactured in house by MVP?

:D

Kind of. I'm going to respond assuming this isn't known. Maple Valley Plastics is a plastic molding company in Marlette, MI that is owned by the father of the Richardson family. When Chad developed the initial molds for what would become MVP Disc Sports, these molds were produced by Maple Valley Plastics for MVP Disc Sports. Most of the patent-pending discs that are in the world were produced by Maple Valley Plastics.

MVP Disc Sports eventually brought all of the plastic molding for the discs in-house, meaning they are now produced by MVP Disc Sports, which is Brad and Chad Richardson's company, and not by Maple Valley Plastics, which is their father's company. Most of the post-patent discs in the world were produced by MVP Disc Sports.

The two companies are separate entities. Maple Valley Plastics is not producing discs for MVP Disc Sports.

So...yeah.

Seriously, thanks.

I vaguely remember something about MVP doing something with their production back in like 2017 ish? but I didn't fully understand it all at the time.

I don't suppose anyone has a list of MVP disc release dates, so I can add that information to my Flight Chart here: Interactive MVP Network Flight Chart ? Note, I already have all the PDGA approved dates, I'm looking for the actual date where the disc was publicly available.