• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Remix disc golf

Yes, and I am looking for impressions from people who have thrown the Spartan and Rumble, especially to compare against TSA/Mint molds that they are equivalent to.

Remix is basically mint/tsa seconds.

If you want cheap discs that fly similiar to what they were supposed to, ala, You wanna buy mint/tsa lab seconds, then buy remix.

Yes, and I am looking for impressions from people who have thrown the Spartan and Rumble, especially to compare against TSA/Mint molds that they are equivalent to.
I have 2 Spartans and they are great for hyper flip shots. I don't throw much TSA/Mint but they remind me of a MVP Insanity or Innova Sidewinder or possibly a fresh Roadrunner. They were my favorite of the 7 different Remix molds I've tried so far. The Troll is also really great.

Last edited:
Ya, there's two kinds of people in disc golf. There's people who've thrown the bullet/praxis/eldritch and then there's people still playing without the cheat code.

Ya, there's two kinds of people in disc golf. There's people who've thrown the bullet/praxis/eldritch and then there's people still playing without the cheat code.
ET Bullets for the win. Good god they are so nice.

And the unfortunate side of things, the Mint BST is about one of the cliquestiest places there is for BST pages.
I hate trying to sell my mint stuff. If you're not a "local" half the time you wont even get anyone to buy your stuff.

But yeah, if you can find remix bullets, goooo for it, they are such great putters.

ET Bullets for the win. Good god they are so nice.

And the unfortunate side of things, the Mint BST is about one of the cliquestiest places there is for BST pages.
I hate trying to sell my mint stuff. If you're not a "local" half the time you wont even get anyone to buy your stuff.

But yeah, if you can find remix bullets, goooo for it, they are such great putters.
BST?

Ya, facebook is the place if you want to meet people with brand loyalty fascism who happen to have 30 175g backups of your favorite disc from the 90s in unobtanium plastic.

They're there to pull the rest of 'em out of the market though - not to sell them to you, so dont get your hopes up. They'll sit in bags in a dark room, and wont even be thrown that dudes 175ft max distance so they dont get scuffed.

Contrary to how this reads, I'm not upset about it. There are rich people all over europe not driving Lotuses, and lots of other more upsetting things. its just the world. There are plenty of frisbees and cars for me to enjoy despite anyone's efforts to deprive me of them.

Ya, facebook is the place if you want to meet people with brand loyalty fascism who happen to have 30 175g backups of your favorite disc from the 90s in unobtanium plastic.

They're there to pull the rest of 'em out of the market though - not to sell them to you, so dont get your hopes up. They'll sit in bags in a dark room, and wont even be thrown that dudes 175ft max distance so they dont get scuffed.

Contrary to how this reads, I'm not upset about it. There are rich people all over europe not driving Lotuses, and lots of other more upsetting things. its just the world. There are plenty of frisbees and cars for me to enjoy despite anyone's efforts to deprive me of them.
Yes, or are becuse of who used OOP mold selling at so high of prices it is not worth buying, like Impact only becuse Paul McBeth used one winter first year of Discraft sponsorship after his injury in very end of season having to miss part of season. When Paul McBeth got to playing in winter in California right before living in Florida, he moved to neutral and understable discs using an Impact as a mold so price will on even non ace race ones be high with prople buying up as soon as on market even when most people hate mold for play or even touch rim 🤮 to them and even those throwing a similar flight Discraft disc mold prior to discontinuation used and still use a Glide.

I really felt like I was reading myself typing something. hahaha.

There are guys out there though who's sole purpose is to try and keep some collector values up now, but ignorant values, not real values. some of this DFX stuff and a few other special discs. No, your GGG isn't worth 700 dollars. It never was, ya'll were just dumb.

Meanwhile actual rare discs in limited runs people scoff at when you post them for 120 dollars. It's like, there are 300 of these. 300. It should be worth more.
"Yeah, we'll I can get on amazon and buy that disc for 15 dollars"
No, no you cant. They made 300. Thats it. There are no more, ever.

Yes, or are becuse of who used OOP mold selling at so high of prices it is not worth buying, like Impact only becuse Paul McBeth used one winter first year of Discraft sponsorship after his injury in very end of season having to miss part of season. When Paul McBeth got to playing in winter in California right before living in Florida, he moved to neutral and understable discs using an Impact as a mold so price will on even non ace race ones be high with prople buying up as soon as on market even when most people hate mold for play or even touch rim 🤮 to them and even those throwing a similar flight Discraft disc mold prior to discontinuation used and still use a Glide.
Yeah, if a pro mentions it, it goes crazy.
Thankfully Eagle mentioned Mayhems in a reel or some crap, I was able to finally sell 3 of the 4 mayhems I had sitting here for sale for 2 years. Eagle isn't going to throw a mayhem, its to flippy for someone like him.

I love OG oop molds personally. Some of the best discs are not made anymore. I have an obsession with MRX/MRV's and just got a brand new unthrown collector level MRV in the mail yesterday that I picked up for .. 30 dollars I think?
Thats a fair price for an old disc like that.

But then you get into some other older molds like the nate doss ti buzzz, this is... in my opinion, the best runs of buzz's ever. But you want a nice skinny tool nate doss ti, 80-100 dollars. Why? They are pretty rare and the disc is very good. You paying for what you get.
A wide tool gonna run you at least 50. But they are amazing flying buzz's. and none of the modern stuff flies that good.

There are some MVP molds that are OOP now, and I'm looking at some of the remix/tsa/mint stuff and wondering if its old mvp OOP stuff retooled to single molds.

Yeah, if a pro mentions it, it goes crazy.
Thankfully Eagle mentioned Mayhems in a reel or some crap, I was able to finally sell 3 of the 4 mayhems I had sitting here for sale for 2 years. Eagle isn't going to throw a mayhem, its to flippy for someone like him.

I love OG oop molds personally. Some of the best discs are not made anymore. I have an obsession with MRX/MRV's and just got a brand new unthrown collector level MRV in the mail yesterday that I picked up for .. 30 dollars I think?
Thats a fair price for an old disc like that.

But then you get into some other older molds like the nate doss ti buzzz, this is... in my opinion, the best runs of buzz's ever. But you want a nice skinny tool nate doss ti, 80-100 dollars. Why? They are pretty rare and the disc is very good. You paying for what you get.
A wide tool gonna run you at least 50. But they are amazing flying buzz's. and none of the modern stuff flies that good.

There are some MVP molds that are OOP now, and I'm looking at some of the remix/tsa/mint stuff and wondering if its old mvp OOP stuff retooled to single molds.
Yes, I am using short lived Shark 3 barely made 6 years before Discontinued. It was a Great replacement for some players for a Pre Eric McCabe Truth when was retooled into a Buzz almost 100% because old disc was no longer popular enough to keep but I got a bunch of discs for cheap around 175 grams no more hen 177 grams becuse F2 nobody wants as a collector disc and was 6 moths to a year after mold was discontinued.

I also got a bunch of old no flight number Stalker for cheap becuse disc was running out stamps so many places either Jacked price of disc up by $5 or discount with most going discount I was fearing all overstable discs in fairway from Discraft were going OOP after I switched from a recently OOP XL a year prior. Problem fear was because Paul McBeth was going around saying he had no use for any overstable fairway discs skipping from OS midrange to a fast 10 or an 11 speed in his bag. Of course this was before Pro Tour courses had been updated so players needed fairway discs in bag or a fairway almost control level in bag and almost all molds were stopped for good.

New Titanium is like old first run ESP made in 2000's before Elite X was X and Elite Z was aggressive Z and ESP from Discraft was not made mega durable so call it what it is original ESP. Also, at one point the Buzz changed a bit becuse of Eric McCabe/ EMAC Truth and mold was made in a way that the discs were not as flat in dome (besides old floppy era Discraft and old elite-X) basically copying mold and EMAC Truth was first copying a Buzz, more as what Eric McCabe wanted in plastic for mold.

Yes, I am using short lived Shark 3 barely made 6 years before Discontinued. It was a Great replacement for some players for a Pre Eric McCabe Truth when was retooled into a Buzz almost 100% because old disc was no longer popular enough to keep but I got a bunch of discs for cheap around 175 grams no more hen 177 grams becuse F2 nobody wants as a collector disc and was 6 moths to a year after mold was discontinued.

I also got a bunch of old no flight number Stalker for cheap becuse disc was running out stamps so many places either Jacked price of disc up by $5 or discount with most going discount I was fearing all overstable discs in fairway from Discraft were going OOP after I switched from a recently OOP XL a year prior. Problem fear was because Paul McBeth was going around saying he had no use for any overstable fairway discs skipping from OS midrange to a fast 10 or an 11 speed in his bag. Of course this was before Pro Tour courses had been updated so players needed fairway discs in bag or a fairway almost control level in bag and almost all molds were stopped for good.

New Titanium is like old first run ESP made in 2000's before Elite X was X and Elite Z was aggressive Z and ESP from Discraft was not made mega durable so call it what it is original ESP. Also, at one point the Buzz changed a bit becuse of Eric McCabe/ EMAC Truth and mold was made in a way that the discs were not as flat in dome (besides old floppy era Discraft and old elite-X) basically copying mold and EMAC Truth was first copying a Buzz, more as what Eric McCabe wanted in plastic for mold.
You said Emac so much I'm angry now.
I cannot effing stand that guy.

hahaha.

Emac was the Wasp also. Someone just posted one on the BST page for discraft collectors.

I've got a bunch of elite x, but Elite Z is the one i'm missing in the mrx/mrv line. I have one, but it is... brittle and cracks if you touch it to hard. I don't have one I can throw. And.. I was just done bidding with the other guys on that thread with the guy selling this new one I just got.

Oh, that's weird.

I was going to mention emac before I read all that.

When "lava" plastic had the facebook Trilogy groups by the dainties, Emac/DD decided to capitalize by making some kind of GStar-ish plastic called "Lava" that had nothing to do with the swirly TP/gold/Fuzion stuff that people were going crazy for. Then, EMac high tails it over to facebook and starts trying to sell "Lava Truths" to people for way over retail knowing exactly what they think they're getting.

I called him out on it and he got super pissy with me and then pulled his sale. Real cool guy, that one.

edit:

lol, I found the video for the "lava" Emac that clearly shows a disc with old lava swirls in the opening that's nothing like the actual lava emac disc he's trying to sell.

what a tool.

Last edited:
Oh, that's weird.

I was going to mention emac before I read all that.

When "lava" plastic had the facebook Trilogy groups by the dainties, Emac/DD decided to capitalize by making some kind of GStar-ish plastic called "Lava" that had nothing to do with the swirly TP/gold/Fuzion stuff that people were going crazy for. Then, EMac high tails it over to facebook and starts trying to sell "Lava Truths" to people for way over retail knowing exactly what they think they're getting.

I called him out on it and he got super pissy with me and then pulled his sale. Real cool guy, that one.

edit:

lol, I found the video for the "lava" Emac that clearly shows a disc with old lava swirls in the opening that's nothing like the actual lava emac disc he's trying to sell.

what a tool.

That's funny. But Doesn't surprise me. He's on the discraft collector group selling an old Glow Zone on auction right now from when he was with discraft. Those are really really good zones.

Emac was my first pro interaction ever in disc golf. It was bad. I read him like a book from 50+ feet away, and he's not done a single thing ever that has changed my opinion of that first initial read, only things to solidify the correctness of my opinion. Then on top of that I've heard from others who were around pre DD with him and rusco. and.. They just put a cherry on top of both of those guys for me on my opinion on them. Hilarious stuff.

But good god, dont say anything bad about him, he's a "legend" who.. did a thing one time and has never done anything significant ever since.

I never seen the Lava plastic stuff, but that doesn't surprise me any.
But then you also got a guy like him going on camera and saying "dd only pays me like 30k a year"

Bullshit

I've seen some of these lists before.
And while I don't agree with them 100%, it is interesting to look at them and wonder.

Cause... The whole deal before was TSA and Mint were designing their own molds.

And we knew forever that Remix was basically TSA/Mint seconds.

But all these folk now are basically saying these molds are being shared across multiple brands.

You said Emac so much I'm angry now.
I cannot effing stand that guy.

hahaha.

Emac was the Wasp also. Someone just posted one on the BST page for discraft collectors.

I've got a bunch of elite x, but Elite Z is the one i'm missing in the mrx/mrv line. I have one, but it is... brittle and cracks if you touch it to hard. I don't have one I can throw. And.. I was just done bidding with the other guys on that thread with the guy selling this new one I just got.
I could see with his personality once he was on Dynamic Disc. Eric McCabe his Discraft personality was part of the whiny Nate Doss mold as well as his personality on early Dynamic Disc using Discraft before his brand made own disc he would send disc models to new partner Latitude 64. Once he had own semi brand. If you are talking Discraft made Dynmic Disc Truth, I get it mold was a Buzzz with a more Wasp like bead from pictures I have seen.