• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Reptilian Disc Golf: Iguana

I am stoked for these, I could benefit from a not snow colored one right now. The mold continues to impress me on the course.

I am stoked for these, I could benefit from a not snow colored one right now. The mold continues to impress me on the course.

I'm super excited to try one of the new run, the pictures look amazing.

Do you know if they turned out the same as the current batch that's out? Mine is a great flier, wouldn't mind one or two more.

Also tangentially related, the more I throw it, the more I'm finding it to be a really amazing shot shaper. It's got the hss of a broken in Roc/Roc3 with the fade of a fresh one. While I'm not getting mine to flip up and ride right, it's a very consistent s-curve when thrown with a touch of hyzer. I'm working with all my Rocs and the Iguana to see what I'm going to keep in the bag, but it's a winner in my book.

Do you know if they turned out the same as the current batch that's out? Mine is a great flier, wouldn't mind one or two more.

Also tangentially related, the more I throw it, the more I'm finding it to be a really amazing shot shaper. It's got the hss of a broken in Roc/Roc3 with the fade of a fresh one. While I'm not getting mine to flip up and ride right, it's a very consistent s-curve when thrown with a touch of hyzer. I'm working with all my Rocs and the Iguana to see what I'm going to keep in the bag, but it's a winner in my book.

I think this disc may be a more modern take on a Sanny/Ontario Roc. Great drift potential with a good fade. Kinda mid range version of a Chameleon.

I love these new Amber Iguana. They're stiff and flat. Plan on getting a full test this afternoon but they feel like they're going straight in the bag.

I don't know if I am more excited for the cobalt or the new diamond. I am 100% on board with the iguana being the midrange chameleon, especially these new nylon chameleons… I am in love.

Attachments

• 20230127_102342.jpg
    20230127_102342.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230126_134841.jpg
    20230126_134841.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 16
I saw that the Iguana uses the same wing and core as the Gila. I did not see it mentioned in the thread and was curious: what top mold is used?

I saw that the Iguana uses the same wing and core as the Gila. I did not see it mentioned in the thread and was curious: what top mold is used?

It may have been in the RDG thread, but I think Jamie answered which. The top is a smooth gentle dome.

Last edited:
I found it, actually in the Crossbow thread. Jamie tends to be pretty transparent with this stuff, which is something I love about the brand. (Hey mint discs, admit MVP makes your plastic, it won't hurt your business)
Here is the Gila wing/core family
Gila>Warrior Top
Prophecy>Karma/Element-X Top
Iguana>Element Top

At first my mind recalled Mystic top, wonder how that combo would fly?

I found it, actually in the Crossbow thread. Jamie tends to be pretty transparent with this stuff, which is something I love about the brand. (Hey mint discs, admit MVP makes your plastic, it won't hurt your business)
Here is the Gila wing/core family
Gila>Warrior Top
Prophecy>Karma/Element-X Top
Iguana>Element Top

At first my mind recalled Mystic top, wonder how that combo would fly?

Mystic has the same top as the Element I believe.

Scout was Warrior top on Mystic bottom.

I think the Storm Eye was Proph top Mystic wing

Thank you for the quick responses! I find it incredibly cool how the different mold pieces can come together in different ways to create so many awesome discs. It is great that Jamie is transparent about it too. I do not know a store near me that carries RDG, but they carry Gateway which can help me imagine the hand feel.

Quoted from the Gila thread cause I mixed up tabs and posted in the wrong one.

Anyone else been throwing these a bunch? I have wanted this good of a stable Comet compliment a while. I carried Gila, Beat fossil gila, MJ Comet, Comet for a while but I felt like something in the middle would just cover so much more. I can rock Gila, Iguana, Flippy Comet and cover everything I could want. The Iguana can shape so many lines:
It does long turnovers that flatten and just move right for days.
It does flip up to flat dead straight finish.
It does sweeping hyzers.
It handles cross and headwinds.
It powers down and doesn't act overstable.
It goes far and doesn't get flippy.

If I could only bag 1 mid, this is now a no brainer.

So I picked up a pair of BZ Crossbows since they were on sale and I also wanted a sweet looking MJ Icon Comet. My initial couple of throws have me thinking it's a faster less touchy Comet, but a round or 2 should reveal more. If they prove to be worth it, I'll be picking up an official Iguana or 2 for sure.

I played a fun round with some friends where the person who got the worst score on a previous hole, picks the disc that everyone throws on the next one.

On a 400ft hole my buddy picks the Iguana, thinking I won't be able to get par with a mid. I throw that sucker on a hyzer and it has me with a 50ft look. Easy par, jokes on him lol.

The Iguana can be sneaky long for sure. Nice of him to give you the iguana instead of a stego...

So I picked up a pair of BZ Crossbows since they were on sale and I also wanted a sweet looking MJ Icon Comet. My initial couple of throws have me thinking it's a faster less touchy Comet, but a round or 2 should reveal more. If they prove to be worth it, I'll be picking up an official Iguana or 2 for sure.

Keep us posted, less touchy faster comet is pretty spot on. Add more versatile to it and you got the Iguana covered. (Dont get me wrong comets are versatile, I just never had a single comet cover as many lines as a single iguana does)

The Iguana can be sneaky long for sure. Nice of him to give you the iguana instead of a stego...

Keep us posted, less touchy faster comet is pretty spot on. Add more versatile to it and you got the Iguana covered. (Dont get me wrong comets are versatile, I just never had a single comet cover as many lines as a single iguana does)

That honestly would have been fine. The guys knew how much I throw it and only picked it on one hole they thought I would t get close to, I still got into c2 lol.

If I played a game like that with friends a disc like my Iguana is the last disc they would pick on any hole. It's already gotten a reputation for doing buzzz stuff in my bag and my friends (love em or not) have tried to convince me in the past to play tourneys with just a Buzzz and Putter cause the never see me throw my mids bad. . .

I would just have to be careful and not have my full tourney set up to play a game like that cause I would be stuck throwing a lot of Paradox or FAF Spirit shots. I think I can throw my stego just as far as that spirit...

Currently own a fairly stiff 178 yellow amber iguana and a very stiff high 170s proto armor iguana. These are the two runs available on the site currently. Oh the things I would do for a wee bit flexier Iguana/Crossbow. Flexy along the lines of my Biter and Circle stamped Amber Gilas. It can be an opaque Crossbow for all I care. Any ideas? Any sellers?

Currently own a fairly stiff 178 yellow amber iguana and a very stiff high 170s proto armor iguana. These are the two runs available on the site currently. Oh the things I would do for a wee bit flexier Iguana/Crossbow. Flexy along the lines of my Biter and Circle stamped Amber Gilas. It can be an opaque Crossbow for all I care. Any ideas? Any sellers?

There was at least a small batch of Cobalt Iguana. Flexier, opaque and a little flatter. I am hoping for a production Cobalt and a Fossil/Tarpit run soon.

I like both my fossil and my tarpit gilas so I don't know what my preference is. The tarpit feels much like my beat to snow fossils that have softened up some.

There was at least a small batch of Cobalt Iguana. Flexier, opaque and a little flatter. I am hoping for a production Cobalt and a Fossil/Tarpit run soon.

I like both my fossil and my tarpit gilas so I don't know what my preference is. The tarpit feels much like my beat to snow fossils that have softened up some.

Cobalt Iguana. Daddy want.