• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 2023 Innova Tour Series Thread

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
Alrighty then, now that the 2023 TS discs have had a chance to make it to some mailboxes, let's start making some observations.

So far we have the MF CG Champ Destroyer, Echo Destroyer, CG Star Wraith, CG Star IT, CG Star Teebird, and the Pro Pig.

Personally I've acquired one of each color of the MF Destroyer, Wraith, IT, and Teebird.

Haven't had a ton of time with em yet but some of my observations so far...

- The MF Destroyer wing is essentially flat and the PLH is lower than a couple other Destroyers I compared it to. Sure enough, it is a bomber out of the box and penetrates like crazy. Very neutral. Great flexy CG feel, has blizzard bubbles in the rim which some may not like... Only thrown a couple times. 175g pink.

- The Wraith feels incredible just like last year's NQ CG Star Wraith. Received a range of 173g to 177g. Pink came in at 173g and blue at 177g. Blue is flatter than the rest and that pleases me. Compared PLH of pink with my used 2022 pink and it's higher. However, I'm not ruling out that my 2022 PLH has lowered... It's been around the block. Thrown the 2023 pink twice and it's got some stability for sure. Gonna be bagging 173g pink and 177g blue. Others will be sealed and stored as a rainy day fund.

- My PInk 175g IT flies neutral out of the box, even at full power (slight hyzer release). Does not seem too flippy to me at all. That being said I have no frame of reference when it comes to this mold. I've been told that this has less dome than other versions and the PLH is higher. The flight I saw reflects that. I've heard other versions can be very flippy and turn and burn. This was not that. Feel is very similar to that of any color glow star Wraith. Butter. Holly Finley absolutely loves this run. She actually commented on my Reddit mail call post. That means we're best friends now.

- CG Star Teebirds do NOT feel like the color glow star wraiths. Much stiffer. I'd give them a 5 on the OTB scale while the wraiths would get a 3. Still has some flex though (it ain't DX stiffness) and the grip is great. They are also domier than any other Teebird I've encountered. Also the pink color is more vibrant than any of the other tour series pink and I love the stamp. I have yet to throw this or compare plh but this dome could be a weapon. Excited to try it.

That's all I got right now. It's not much but I wanted to get a conversation started because I haven't seen anything about these 2023 tour series runs yet. Let's get some observations going eh.

Attachments

• 20230207_104402.jpg
    20230207_104402.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 114
Alrighty then, now that the 2023 TS discs have had a chance to make it to some mailboxes, let's start making some observations.

So far we have the MF CG Champ Destroyer, Echo Destroyer, CG Star Wraith, CG Star IT, CG Star Teebird, and the Pro Pig.

Personally I've acquired one of each color of the MF Destroyer, Wraith, IT, and Teebird.

Haven't had a ton of time with em yet but some of my observations so far...

- The MF Destroyer wing is essentially flat and the PLH is lower than a couple other Destroyers I compared it to. Sure enough, it is a bomber out of the box and penetrates like crazy. Very neutral. Great flexy CG feel, has blizzard bubbles in the rim which some may not like... Only thrown a couple times. 175g pink.

- The Wraith feels incredible just like last year's NQ CG Star Wraith. Received a range of 173g to 177g. Pink came in at 173g and blue at 177g. Blue is flatter than the rest and that pleases me. Compared PLH of pink with my used 2022 pink and it's higher. However, I'm not ruling out that my 2022 PLH has lowered... It's been around the block. Thrown the 2023 pink twice and it's got some stability for sure. Gonna be bagging 173g pink and 177g blue. Others will be sealed and stored as a rainy day fund.

- My PInk 175g IT flies neutral out of the box, even at full power (slight hyzer release). Does not seem too flippy to me at all. That being said I have no frame of reference when it comes to this mold. I've been told that this has less dome than other versions and the PLH is higher. The flight I saw reflects that. I've heard other versions can be very flippy and turn and burn. This was not that. Feel is very similar to that of any color glow star Wraith. Butter. Holly Finley absolutely loves this run. She actually commented on my Reddit mail call post. That means we're best friends now.

- CG Star Teebirds do NOT feel like the color glow star wraiths. Much stiffer. I'd give them a 5 on the OTB scale while the wraiths would get a 3. Still has some flex though (it ain't DX stiffness) and the grip is great. They are also domier than any other Teebird I've encountered. Also the pink color is more vibrant than any of the other tour series pink and I love the stamp. I have yet to throw this or compare plh but this dome could be a weapon. Excited to try it.

That's all I got right now. It's not much but I wanted to get a conversation started because I haven't seen anything about these 2023 tour series runs yet. Let's get some observations going eh.

I will probably be getting the CG star Wraith as it was and will be my main driver for 2023.

I had a weird experience with the 2022 CG Star Wraith. My first one had flip right out of the box and had excellent glide (pink with black stamp). The other three I got (2x pink and 1x white) on the other hand had less glide and more stability. Will see if this run has the same variance.

I might need to check out that Beach Destroyer.

I very much appreciate that Nathan's doggo gets armor and a crown in his series stamp. Good stuff.

You making me consider trying the MF now. Sounds nice. Waiting for the local shop to get the order in so I can use store credit. I reserved a couple of the eStar D's....curious to see how they feel.

I would be way more into the idea of the IT, if it had less dome, so may have to check those out.

Innova should NOT be selling tour series discs with blizzardy rims. That just reeks of cheapness and poor quality control. If you're going to spend $25 on a disc, it should be absolutely top notch plastic.

Save that blizzard crap for factory seconds.

I would be PISSED if I ordered a tour series Destroyer and it showed up looking blizzardy.

Innova should NOT be selling tour series discs with blizzardy rims. That just reeks of cheapness and poor quality control. If you're going to spend $25 on a disc, it should be absolutely top notch plastic.

Save that blizzard crap for factory seconds.

I would be PISSED if I ordered a tour series Destroyer and it showed up looking blizzardy.

Blizzard drivers was the last straw for me with Innova.

What mold is the IT?

The blizzardy rimmed Destroyers are the longest Destroyers, so there's that.

Yeah, I don't see the issue whatsoever. Pretty sure there's a reason behind it. They feel great. If you don't want a driver with some blizzard bubbles in it, don't get one. There's plenty that don't, like the wraith and I assume the echo destroyer in this same drop.

Thank you both. I assumed it was an abbreviation and I was racking my brain trying to figure out which disc it stood for. Now I understand.

IT is a play on Innova Tech isnt it?..im sure its some odd passive aggressive shot at the soured discmania will be innova europe but instead did something else and will forever be despised by Mr. Innova

The IT looks similar to the prodigy H7 in profile

Curious to see the new calvin destroyers, definitely have a good stock of 2022's but hey.

Last edited:

Thanks for the review on this. I personally like the flatter wing Destroyers; more usable distance out of the box. And for the blizzarding I don't mind. Love the CG champ for hand feel.

Does anyone know, do they have these in 165-170g? On eBay and the proshop I only see 173-175g.

Latest posts