• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf: Chameleon

As I get older I'm less inclined to try new molds but the Chameleon looks nice. I throw a lot of Assassins but they are hyzers that flatten, hyzer flip to straight or long turnovers that I don't want to come back.

As I get older I'm less inclined to try new molds but the Chameleon looks nice. I throw a lot of Assassins but they are hyzers that flatten, hyzer flip to straight or long turnovers that I don't want to come back.

The Chameleon wasn't a disc I initially thought was going to be a big seller for us. But after having it be my main driver for the majority of the year...its super solid.

I'd say the Assassin is very TL like when I throw it.
The Chameleon is more Eagle L.

Both can get to the same spot in the fairway but they achieve their destination in a different way.

I typically prefer a straight to fade fairway but the turn/fade combo on the Chameleon makes for an extremely easy to maneuver mold.

Give it a go. I'd bet you'll dig it.
We have Armor & Nylon Infused Armor dropping next week.

The Chameleon wasn't a disc I initially thought was going to be a big seller for us. But after having it be my main driver for the majority of the year...its super solid.

I'd say the Assassin is very TL like when I throw it.
The Chameleon is more Eagle L.

Both can get to the same spot in the fairway but they achieve their destination in a different way.

I typically prefer a straight to fade fairway but the turn/fade combo on the Chameleon makes for an extremely easy to maneuver mold.

Give it a go. I'd bet you'll dig it.
We have Armor & Nylon Infused Armor dropping next week.

Are the Nylon ones the gummy looking ones you showed on IG?

Are the Nylon ones the gummy looking ones you showed on IG?

The Armor ones are the gummy ones (Platinum plastic base
)

The Nylon is Platinum + Nylon which makes for a flatter, somewhat firmer blend.

Both feel great. The Nylon looks like a lean mean flying machine, however. (Pictured)

Attachments

• received_474667254832675.jpg
    received_474667254832675.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 32
The Armor ones are the gummy ones (Platinum plastic base
)

The Nylon is Platinum + Nylon which makes for a flatter, somewhat firmer blend.

Both feel great. The Nylon looks like a lean mean flying machine, however. (Pictured)

That looks really nice! Good color too, looks like it could be a touch more stable.

I also loved seeing it thrown on a forehand.

I love my chameleon for forehands. I like hyzer flip for the FH and I can throw the chameleon like I do an approach shot and get dead straight/barely flights with light fade to about 275-300 which is darn good for my forehand. For reference my distance/hyzer FH tops not much beyond that with a flippy hurricane.

We have the new runs of Armor and Nylon Chameleon up on the site!!

We are also running a BOGO 40% OFF all week long to celebrate the launch.

If your straight, workhorse fairway slot could use New Year's resolution... Give the Chameleon a try. I bet it'd make your bag!

These new runs are the best yet. They feature the new slightly modified top that creates just a smidge more overall stability.

Last edited:
40% off is a great deal for something I was going to jump on anyways, order placed. I am sure you will be getting more of my dollars when those Cobalt Iguana drop too. Ringing in the new year with new runs of RDG is a good start to 2023 being the redeeming year for the 2020s crappy start.

Every round I play with Chameleons the more I am throwing them and the more I trust them to fly all kinds of lines. So stoked for my Nylon blend showing up today.

Nylons are flying great. They fly a bit tighter line than my ambers. Even easier to trust, I threw some sweet turnovers into the wind today that surprised me quite a bit.

So, the Nylons have definitely concreted the mold as the core of my drivers. I am only carrying two Chameleon, the Nylon and the armor I had been bagging. I have everything From Sweeping hyzer to Roller covered between the two. Easily reaching for a chameleon for any shot that needs a shape, even some pretty boring hyzers.
I put a second pred back in my bag to cover my stable Anax stuff (better than the anax did), but took out 2 anax and 2 H3s. My tyrant also has been doing a bit of sitting, but it's a little bit of a security blanket for me still.

Last edited:
Nice. You could play just about any course just with those discs. I just put a similar order in. Really excited for this run of Iguana. I also picked up a regular Armor Chameleon... And some other stuff.

The more I am throwing my Nylon Armor the more I trust its stability. I am not feeling a gap between my beat in pred and Nylon chameleon anymore. Now I am worried that the amber will eventually beat in enough that it boots my beat in crave and I will be back to a DGR era approved bag :D

Latest posts