• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Full Turn Discs thread

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
Wanted to get a thread going for all you strangers out there rocking or are curious about rocking Full Turn discs. There's very little about them. Based in Joplin, Missouri, Full Turn has worked with Gateway in the past (Missouri love) and Prodiscus moreso (fully?) currently for production and have released some killer molds, some of which have been adopted and tweaked from Gateway and Prodiscus tops/bottoms themselves.

I'm no Full Turn expert so I won't pretend to be a good resource on these guys yet but I'm really digging their plastic. Much of it is similar to, if not identical to Prodiscus Premium and Ultrium. I'm also loving their array of unique molds/features like the Shortcut (the Stego and Baobab have some real competition here), the Beacon (Gateway diehards may know the Proto 53. This is that, and it's incredible), and their "rocket top" which has been incorporated on five molds including the Traveler, a real threat to my Thunderbirds right now. Just put in an order for 3 of the other 4, still trying to get my paws on an Expedition...

I'll definitely be diving in to these guys a bit here over the next few weeks and likely further. I've ordered nearly their entire lineup on top of what I acquired in December (Shortcut, Passport, Traveler, Beacon). Despite getting these molds a few months ago, I've just now been getting a chance to throw and appreciate them. The plastics, if you're familiar with Prodiscus plastics, are as good as it gets.

Wanted to start a thread because there's a criminal lack of info on this site about them. Would love to get a thread going so we can educate eachother and discuss their growing lineup. Hit me with some thoughts on Full Turn!

You can check em out here: https://www.fullturndiscs.com/

Sidenote: Apologies if some of this information is inaccurate. I tried to be very general with the info but I'm still a Full Turn noob. Aiming to change that!

Here's some pics of the Traveler and it's unique "rocket top" design. I think it's incredible. The flat top inherent in its design has shown me some great release consistency both FH and BH and in both plastics. To me it makes the wing and overall disc feel smaller than a Thunderbird, for example, despite the Traveler rim's 1.2cm depth and 1.9cm width. It fits so well in my paw. I have larger hands fwiw.

172g Express (Ultrium for you Prodiscus folks) on the left and 172g Priority (Premium) on the right.

Haven't had a ton of time with these yet but my field work with them yesterday was shockingly good, accuracy wise, compared to thundys I was pitting them against. Very Thunderbird-esque flight with reliable fade. It took serious effort and gymnastics to turn and burn them. Pulled out of every anny but not too quick. Didn't test for distance or anything vs a thundy as it was more an accuracy session from 300-350. More work will be done. Early returns are fantastic.

Attachments

• GridArt_20230217_165913459.jpg
    GridArt_20230217_165913459.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I have a full turn shortcut.
Unlike the Stego or Boabab my week arm can force it over to almost 200'.

I have a full turn shortcut.
Unlike the Stego or Boabab my week arm can force it over to almost 200'.

And by George it actually feels good throwing it, both FH and BH. I'll always love and respect the Bab and the Steg but the lack of top rim on the Shortcut is a win in my book. Sorry Jamie! 😉

They being said, I still haven't gone to the field and thrown them all against each other and thrown rollers with em yet so I won't get too ahead of myself. Need to do that. They all essentially do the same thing though so comfort probably wins. Should be fun though. Wait, no, it WILL be fun. There is no doubt. YouTube video?

https://infinitediscs.com/Full-Turn-Shortcut

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-195440_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20230217-195440_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230217-195545_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20230217-195545_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 9