• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Nope, didn't work out for me. It falls with the pd/thunderbird/teebird - I like it but it doesn't fit my game anymore. Also, there isn't much of a sweeter disc than a dx eagle, imo :thmbup: I've been trying to figure out the fairway/control slot since I dropped convicts earlier this year (Flight is great but I think the plastic is garbage, falls off the 'cliff' after so much wear and becomes squirrely flippy) and the eagle is the best fit by a long shot.

Love DX Eagles before they became soft, waxy-feeling, and beat in a lot quicker. I haven't gotten any more DX Eagles because of this.

With that said, has there been a change in the DX plastic where it resembles the older DX?

Love DX Eagles before they became soft, waxy-feeling, and beat in a lot quicker. I haven't gotten any more DX Eagles because of this.

With that said, has there been a change in the DX plastic where it resembles the older DX?

the couple I picked up are still kind of soft, but not showing the wear that the waxy dx would after a couple of tree knocks. I'm sure it's a different blend.

the max weight star I picked up - I swear they ran star banshees and stamped them 'Eagle'.

Has Gregg Barsby ever had a tour series disc? He's the first pro that comes to mind when I think Champion Eagle. (I mean, aside from The Champ.)

It would be sick if they made a Barsby tour series CG Champion Eagle.

I actually asked him about this after the USDGC. He got this look on his face and said, (I'll quote to the best of my memory) "Maaaaan, you gotta talk to Innova. Talk to Innova and ask for it. They're gonna do what's best for them and I'm gonna do what's best for me. I'm not like one of their normal [something here that implied that he wasn't the normal clean cut straight edge Innova poster boy]."

It seemed like a sore subject to him. If he doesn't get a tour series disc next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship from Innova the first chance he gets.

Other Barsby fact - he apparently once tried out to be the singer for the death metal band The Faceless.

I'd buy a few for sure!

It would be a bummer if Gregg parted ways with Innova. I know that both pros and companies have their own interests to consider, but Barsby is such an OG in the game and he's been with them for so long...you'd hope they could work something out!

It seems like Gregg has been in the mix quite a bit this year. He was on lead card coverage for a number of rounds/events, plus had that ace on film during the Vibram Open. I wonder what the tipping point/threshold is for Innova to think that a tour series disc is worth it.

Interesting hearing about a Barsby eagle. I approached him too and rather than waiting for a tour series I had him make me one out of a stock star stamp. Also, out of nowhere I found a run of champ glow eagle-x. They are embossed so I'm hoping more are on the way!!!

P.s. The CG flies nice! Not nearly as over stable as I imagined!!

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 53
Barsby is such an OG in the game and he's been with them for so long...you'd hope they could work something out!

He hasn't been with them that long though.

He was with L64 for a very brief time, and with Discraft for a really longtime before that (his nickname used to be Buzzzby) I think he's been with innova for 2-3 years maybe?

I will say that he seems quite content with them and he's playing as good as ever, so I hope it does work out for him.

I thought sexton firebirds from this year were supposed to be like 11 x eagles

True/false

I thought for sure I'd have color glows leftover from my tournament Saturday...in actuality I could've used another 50 discs or so. Had to cut payout thin on an already thin payout.

Just saying...glow gators were made because of the dgcr outcry. I'd settle for a flatter color glow fd if ELs won't happen. Sixth run c fd in color glow would make me tingle in certain places.

I see a bunch of people throwing gators at local courses.

I can't even remember meeting anyone in all my years playing that bagged eagle Ls.

This is a total guess but I feel like they haven't even run an eagle L for three years.

What seems weird is that the EL was never marketed as its own mold, aside from the gstar factory store run. FL, TL, SL were all stamped as such aside from a few anomalies (pro starfire and firebird). EL has always had the stock eagle stamp regardless of plastic.

If the EL isn't going to be made anymore hyzerbomb needs to snatch that up and slap their name on it.

Barsby should absolutely get some kind of tour support disc. He only lost the EO by 1 dang stroke on a phenomenal performance. He has been well in the mix lots of other times as well.

Besides, talking to you here Innova, everyone knows the tour discs sell like hot cakes, especially swirly or color glow stuff that's only available in a mold for a tour disc. Whether or not the EL or EX is a hot seller stock, a colorglow EAgle, barsby tour disc would sell out and we all know it. It would probably rejuvenate sales for stock stamps as well.

Just do it Innova, go on and do this thing for Mr. Barsby!

He hasn't been with them that long though.

He was with L64 for a very brief time, and with Discraft for a really longtime before that (his nickname used to be Buzzzby) I think he's been with innova for 2-3 years maybe?

I will say that he seems quite content with them and he's playing as good as ever, so I hope it does work out for him.

Didn't know that. My bad!

When I said "for so long" what I really meant was: as long as I've been following pro tournament coverage...so a few years.

However, my ignorance of disc golf history notwithstanding, the point still remains:
INNOVA, PLEASE MAKE SOME BARSBY TOUR SERIES COLOR GLOW EAGLES!!!

Well, I'll personally be harassing Innova on twitter to give Barsby a tour series disc. It never sucks to see my favorite FW driver in new, sexy plastic.

If anyone is interested I was scrolling through on infinite discs and saw that they had a 175g star eagle marked as the Eagle L mold. Reading through the various threads I know some people really like them.

Speaking of eagle-Ls, anyone have any experience with lighter weight champ ones? Looking for a more straight flier, maybe a very mild s curve with a mild forward fade. Is it worth hunting down an L or maybe just picking up a veteran?

Speaking of eagle-Ls, anyone have any experience with lighter weight champ ones? Looking for a more straight flier, maybe a very mild s curve with a mild forward fade. Is it worth hunting down an L or maybe just picking up a veteran?

The lighter weight(167-169g) L's that I've thrown have all turned quite a bit easier than the heavier weights. I've found that max weight Ls and Leo3s have a flight similar to what you describe, for me. Pretty straight, late and moderate turn, some forward fade.

Latest posts