• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I'm a bit torn. The stupid stiff stuff did/does beat in (a lot of rocks on my home course) but it takes a while. I keep looking back and folding and pinching and feeling a bunch of my different discs now and I'm at a bit of a loss in general. I have several Pro destroyers that have a very distinct difference in feel between star and Pro plastic.

But damn the speed 7 stuff I have just doesn't seem consistent. The I-blend (which It thought was pro) is not much different than star and my star has a huge range of variability in stiffness/flexibility when I look at Teebirds and Eagles and Thunderbirds.

I got a Pro Disc with Shipwreak Cove course, From Erie State Park stamp on the disc in 2019 and it is almost as soft as the old Pro when new for the Rhyno. The disc is garbage in feel as it is like somebody made a G-Star flex to a Pro plastic. Yes the discs were in the main head entrance to the state park in New York but the place with discs was cooler then the outside so that should not have been the issue of heat. The problem was Pro at the time was soft, like a modern driver Pro version of G-Star.

I remember in his video interview of the 2019 launch he suggested that it was his choice to go with swirly star. Whether or not that's true I'm not sure.

Apparently star is a lot more popular with his European fans. Plus current champ isn't exactly an analogue to the eagles he throws (feel-wise), even color glow.

Picked up a couple Barsby Eagles. Very OS. Pretty close to a firebird. I love it. Good amount of dome to em.

How do 150g Champ/Star Eagles fly for everybody?

They fly like Eagles! Easier to throw, but still carve the same lines.

I have a 148gr Star and it flies just like my regular star eagles but feels , I don't know how to put it, just more alive. A really fun discs.

The Champ I had flew just like the max weight one I had.

Pair either with an upper 150dx and you'll have your fairways covered. Light weight DX eagles fly off the shelf like seasoned max weight dx.

I'm new to the Eagle family, and just acquired my first flat top 175 g Star Eagle recently and have been in love.
I've been reading through the thread a bit, and have seen a lot of comments of various Eagle runs.... Can someone explain the difference between X, L, and S?

I'm sure there's some other variants out there, but saw these come up the most. What's the difference between these and the regular Eagles?

Eagle X = original eagle, starts out beefy, seasons to perfection.
Eagle L = less stable version I think. I've never thrown an L though I have some beat up DX eagle X probably fly like an L.
Eagle S = guessing this is just star eagle. These are also referred to as Sex (Star Eagle X)

Went to several websites and they are out of Star Eagles (EX). Have they not made any recent runs of Eagles?

Just picked up my 2020 Barsby Eagle. I love it. Very comfy in the hand. There is a slight dome but such is life with eagles these days. The mold is probably getting tired. They have a solid beefiness to them. People keep saying Firebird like. But I am not sure I fully agree with that. It is very OS for an eagle but no Firebird. It reminds me of the old Discraft Z Talons that I used throw. Or a slightly seasoned Banshee. It is a welcome addition to my eagle lineup.

Went to several websites and they are out of Star Eagles (EX). Have they not made any recent runs of Eagles?
DG got more popular over the quarantine.
Lots of vendors are low in stock.
There should be more available soon... From what I understand, all of the manufacturers are trying to play catch-up.

I found a Star Eagle with no ink. I have an Explorer and a Maverick, and thought the Eagle wouldn't be so helpful. Turns out it's lighter (6g) than the other discs and I can sling it pretty well. The top is very floppy thin. I have yet to see the -1 turn, but it flies straight and fades at the end very similar to the Explorer.

Got this Champ Eagle coming tomorrow to compliment my flat-top star Eagle :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 5.21.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 5.21.45 PM.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 36
I found a Star Eagle with no ink. I have an Explorer and a Maverick, and thought the Eagle wouldn't be so helpful. Turns out it's lighter (6g) than the other discs and I can sling it pretty well. The top is very floppy thin. I have yet to see the -1 turn, but it flies straight and fades at the end very similar to the Explorer.

Probably have to break it in more.

The -1 probably won't be as obviously the Star plastic until it gets really seasoned. That and I think the -1 HSS is offset by the Star plastic. I liken a seasoned Star Eagle (EX) to a Teebird in premium plastic. So as it seasons, it becomes more Teebirdish in it's flight, in my opinion.

In order to get that -1 HSS from a Star EX, I think it needs to be around a 6 based on Sleepy's scale, which rates stability from 1-10.

My Eagles... Flat top Star and Domey Champ. Crazy how big the difference is between them.

Attachments

• IMG_3271.jpg
    IMG_3271.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3274.jpg
    IMG_3274.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3272.jpg
    IMG_3272.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 41
They fly like Eagles! Easier to throw, but still carve the same lines.

I have a 148gr Star and it flies just like my regular star eagles but feels , I don't know how to put it, just more alive. A really fun discs.

The Champ I had flew just like the max weight one I had.

Pair either with an upper 150dx and you'll have your fairways covered. Light weight DX eagles fly off the shelf like seasoned max weight dx.

I've thrown EXs for years now and have had them in and out of the bag but I've never tried the 150 class. Does the 150 class fly further, in your experience?