• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elaine Kings leaves Discraft due to not receiving a signature disc

PC 'culture' inherently stifles ALL thought. When you are afraid to say something for fear of 'offending' somebody, important dialogue could be completely left off the table.. Lets remember, offensive speech is what pushes the boundaries of society and what is normatively acceptable. Suffrage? Gay rights and civil rights? That type of speech offended many people and wasn't the norm. But because people chose to be 'politically incorrect' at the time, they were paving the ground for a more free society. Authoritarianism IS NOT the answer.

I completely disagree. It's not about the "fear" of offending someone and being PC (code for polite) does not stifle thought except in the intellectually lazy. A thoughtful person can find a way to express any idea without offending someone. It just takes thought and a willingness to take others feelings into consideration before speaking.

The Second Edition of the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary contains full entries for 171,476 words in current use, and 47,156 obsolete words. To this may be added around 9,500 derivative words included as subentries

If you feel the need to use racist or sexist language and then lash out at the "PC police" when you get called on it, that's entirely on you. There are plenty of other words available to use.

I completely disagree. It's not about the "fear" of offending someone and being PC (code for polite) does not stifle thought except in the intellectually lazy. A thoughtful person can find a way to express any idea without offending someone. It just takes thought and a willingness to take others feelings into consideration before speaking.

What if the idea itself is not PC? Like I said, many things in the past have not been PC, yet they are the norm today. The moral landscape is constantly changing. Language should not be policed in ANY situation, baring the calling of violence.. In the workplace, if your boss finds you speech unacceptable he can fire you..Of if your not happy with how your boss runs the company you can work for, you can find a different company to work for. Capitalism works and is the best system humans have found so far and given us the most privileged society in the history of mankind.. its not perfect, but its the best we have.

Last edited:
I wish the other group of people would realize that people are genuinely offended by some things and no one actively searches for reasons to be offended.

You mean coddling someone. Coddling someone gets them nowhere.

Seems to me there are more "an intellectually lazy" than intellectually active people around. Now you are going to offend those folks. Where oh where does it end?

^^^A study of how men and women work together when instructed to operate under a PC norm with no sexist language or behavior has nothing to do with sexism or Joecoin's response to tbird888?

Not only were they instructed to work together, they were paid. But that couldn't have any bearing on the outcome, could it?

Whatever...it didn't fit joecoin's narrative, so he now wants a "real world example" which I've already given.

Our definitions of "real world" are obviously not the same. I can understand that, can you?

Language changes the way people think, and it's the same for any social group being disparaged.

Not for the social group of "sticks and stones may break my bones".

If joecoin can't see how him being called ****-for-brains for the rest of his life would affect the quality of his life, I don't know how the plethora of peer-reviewed information a 10 second Google-Scholar search returns, is going to change his mind. He'd probably say it was biased.

How will being called "****-for-brains" for the rest of my life have an adverse affect on my quality of life when I don't care what anyone calls me?

(I secretly call FHowl "Mr. Poopy Pants, but only to my cat)."

Offense is an emotion. Much like anger, love, hate..... Honestly, the individual is responsible for their own emotions, not the object of that emotion. If someone cuts me off in traffic and I get angry, the anger is mine. It is not the fault of the guy who cut me off. If you are offended by something, understand it, work with it and it will cause you less anguish. Nobody is going to change someone else.

As a psychologist, I can confirm that nothing in this statement is connected with reality (except maybe the "less anguish" part).

Haha...alright, argument over. I can't have a cat thinking ill of me.
I, Mr. Poopy Pants, agrees to disagree.

I, ****-for-brains, along with my cat, respectfully accept the agreement to disagree.

Apparently Elaine King threw a 988 rated round at Hawk Hollow this weekend. No question her game is still crazy strong.

Guess who is on the cover of today's Disgolfer magazine? That's right Elaine King! Lots of respect from the disc golf world.

Like I've said before, Elaine is a class act.
Can't understand why Discraft would let her get away.
Anybody at Innova listening???????

Apparently Elaine King threw a 988 rated round at Hawk Hollow this weekend. No question her game is still crazy strong.

Would have been in the second group in a decent MPO field the second round. Broke the women's course record by 5 strokes.

And was perfectly happy to be sponsored by Ladies First Disc Golf and no one else. All the conjecture over which disc manufacturer should pick her up is pointless.

Like I've said before, Elaine is a class act.
Can't understand why Discraft would let her get away.
Anybody at Innova listening???????

I think everyone agrees that she is a wonderful golfer. It is simply a business decision. I imagine that backing off of their current business strategy and giving her a disc would set a bad precedence for the rest of their players. Really, I would have to believe there is a lot more than a disc at the core of her decision.