• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

elbow pain

SAxDrc

Birdie Member
Yesterday I played 42 holes, practiced putting for an hour and practiced driving backhand for an hour, then threw an ultimate disc forehand for several hours. I was constantly throwing from 11am-9pm other than meals and driving between the 2 courses.

Today my elbow hurts a lot. The pain is on the outside of my elbow, maybe the bottom of my tricep muscle? It hurts the most when my arm is all the way bent or all the way extended. It didn't hurt at all yesterday, just when I woke up today.

In other threads on elbow pain on this site and I read that bad form can cause pain. It seemed that stopping the throwing motion without following through was mentioned in a few threads.

I'm not sure if my pain is from bad form or just from throwing a lot in one day. I do realize an internet forum isn't the best place to seek medical advice but, I'm also not sure if I messed up something in my elbow or if the muscles are just sore from getting a good workout. Is there a way to tell if it's "after workout sore" or "damaged something sore?"About how long will the pain last if its just sore from the muscles getting a workout?

I've been icing it and I don't plan on playing again anytime soon. I probably couldn't throw a disc if I wanted to.

Sounds like tendinitis to me, which are tiny tears in your tendons from overdoing it. You'll know if it's that and not just "workout sore" if you have some nagging pains in that spot the next time you go out to play.

Definitely, always FOLLOW THROUGH.

I've got similar elbow pain after an intense day or two of dg. But it's because I tore the tendons in my elbow playing soccer in high school. However, the location of the pain is similar to yours. Give it a rest for a bit and see how it is

I have tendonitis in my elbow. For me, it's aggravated less if I rotate my trunk and pivot more on the follow through.

I had to play left handed for several months last year because I had elbow issues. Had to let my arm rest long enough to heal properly.
DSCJNKY

well I played today, even though I thought I shouldn't have. There was no pain at all. Hopefully tomorrow I'm still pain-free. It seems weird to me that 2 days ago I couldn't bend my elbow and today I threw 18 holes.

I had to play left handed for several months last year because I had elbow issues. Had to let my arm rest long enough to heal properly.
DSCJNKY

I had this also, for a shorter amount of time. I just worked on my left hand for a couple of months, and it really helped my game to have a LHBH.

It absolutely kills my arm to throw an air bounce for some reason.