• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Enough with the alternate pins!!

I don't mind alternate baskets...but I do want it clear as to which is which, so I know where I'm playing to. For example, all 'A' placements are yellow, 'B's are red, etc.

The one thing I don't care for are crossing fairways as they just slow the round down. I played Morley recently and had to wait on the #1 tee pad until the group in front finished throwing from the #2 tee pad and had moved up the course. There were other holes where the fairways crossed and we had to be careful of who was throwing and in which direction. I do understand that some courses are limited on space....but the constant waiting and ducking due to crossing fairways is annoying. (that said, I did enjoy playing Morley and would play there again....I'd just plan for a longer round than what it should take).

From all I've heard of Morley, its crowds rather skew the data. There's a course near me with a set of crossing fairways, but traffic is so light that -- outside of tournaments -- I doubt if more than once or twice a year there are conflicts.

But I'll agree that crossing fairways are, generally speaking, a bad idea.

Kinda wild. The other day I was playing a course with undefined fairways next to each other. Trouble on the left on each hole and the right is pretty forgiving. Tee pads about 500 or 600 feet apart. Both of us throw not particularly good, but not excessively bad shots that miss right. Our discs hit each other.

I really need to play those Mason county courses. It doesn't help that they seem to get brought up pretty often on here. I've had them wishlisted for years now. MI has some pretty sweet disc golf from the little bit I've played.

My son and I did a MI road trip this summer. Played Flip, Devils Den (or whatever its called these days), Toboggan, a very nice private course named after a fish, Beauty, and Beast.

We both liked Beast the most. And every one of those courses was better than anything in our area!

From all I've heard of Morley, its crowds rather skew the data. There's a course near me with a set of crossing fairways, but traffic is so light that -- outside of tournaments -- I doubt if more than once or twice a year there are conflicts.

But I'll agree that crossing fairways are, generally speaking, a bad idea.

Yes, it is crowded....you have to have tee times and only foursomes are allowed, but every tee time gets filled.

There's no way they could hold a tournament there. Hole 15 throws over 16 fairway. 16 throws over 15 and 19's fairway. 18 throws over 19's fairway and 19 throws over 15 and 18's fairway. Lots of waiting and close calls on that part of the course. 19 has to have a net around the tee pad as 15 and 16 pretty much throw at 19's tee pad (or very close to it).

11/30 thru 12/1 of 2019 begs to differ.

Wow! I wonder how they did it. Maybe they kept participation really small? I mean...there's so much waiting on just regular days...I can't imagine the waits during a tournament. And all the ducking that would happen....I know when I played there were lots of 'FORE!!!!' heard.

Latest posts