• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/17/2023: Circle C Metro Park @ Slaughter Creek Hole #12 Austin, TX

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Circle C Metro Park @ Slaughter Creek in Austin, TX

Long 582 ft
Short 474 ft

"(12) long is super cool downhill shot that will require you to throw over a bunch of trees to get to the fairway."

"Hole 12 - long par 4 with a huge tree in the fairway."

"Hole 12 is a very unique, risk/reward par 4. The tee shot is one of the most challenging and interesting in all of disc golf. The tee shot provides a "safe" 4 option or varying degrees of risky, thrown off a cliff, blind over some very tall trees. The wind is very tricky to read up there. The hole can be eagled by a big arm that pures a big, risky shot."

"I've gotta give props to the location of the long teepad on #12. It is the absolute best teebox location of any hole I've ever played. It's up on this hill and there is a safe straight fairway that you can take, or for those willing to risk it, there's an amazing over-the-tree-tops line that you can take. The further right you aim, the closer to the pin you can possibly land, but the more trees that you have to shoot over. It is the definitive risk-reward type of shot because the level of risk scales with how big your balls are. Many a disc have been lost in those woods from people (myself included) not clearing the tree tops or cutting the disc too far right."

"Hole 12 pro box is one of my personal favorites, if you have some D you got the backdoor from the hilltop over the trees all the way to the fairway for a chance to eagle."

Long Tee
51bac588.jpg

Short Tee
2a9f3076.jpg

Mid-Fairway
e4bb769f.jpg

Basket
4ace34a0.jpg

Tee Sign
3e39945e.jpg

Probably a carnivore especially if windy over the top to the fairway and then probably a serpent or gila approach.

Short is probably a Chameleon to stay fairway and shape a shot around the tree. Maybe for a mid C2 look, but better than being in the rough with a distance driver.

Long Star Destroyer
Short Plasma Zenith

VIP World on high hyzer off long pad

Opto Ballista Pro hyzer flip from short pad