• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever caught someone with your disc?

not really...anyone can understand it without punctuation..learning to comprehend what you are reading so you have an argument helps

With all due respect...the fights that start over your posts absolutely kill me!

Glad you didn't leave

you are right punctuation is totally unneccesary and doesn't make sentences easier or harder to read whoever thought that a period would help separate one thought from another is an idiot there is just no sense in separating anything because it just flows so much better without any punctuation i really hope this isn't hard to read it is just an example that anyone can understand writing without punctuation but what about questions is it harder to read nonsense without a question mark when you are writing your thoughts in the form of questions i think it will be easier to read if you have a question mark to separate that thought from others does anyone agree with me

i disagree...placement of punctuation can sometimes make a HUGE difference in how a statement is interpreted...

for example:
This short letter says one thing.
"Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?

Gloria"

This letter with the exact same words in the exact same order, says a completely different thing.
"Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours, Gloria"

you see my point?

Yesterday was the very first time I ever went "disc diving" and this is my story:

Sunday (3 days ago) I lost a Beast in a water hole at a nearby course. Yesterday (Tuesday) I had some time, so I put on my trunks intending to find my lost disc. As I arrived, 2 guys were there wading to find discs at a water hole nearby. They told me they'd found 30-50 discs all month in the same spot. One even gave me one that was too light for him and he also found my friend's disc that was also lost Sunday. Anyway, I wonder if they ever return the ones with #s or attempt to call the owners. I should've asked...

After slushing around in mud and around broken limbs for a while I found a total of 10 discs. After finding my 7th disc or so, a guy came by and said, hey I lost my blue disc last week, let me know if you find it. He went on to the next hole & I found a blue Innova Eagle, and I hollered at him. He came over & I gave him the disk...he says that was probably it because it was like the ones he threw. It was only his 2nd time playing. He even gave me his business card!

So of the 9 I brought home, 4 of them had names & phone #s. One is a PDGA from NJ who has not returned my call. The other 3 were so glad I found their disks. I have arranged to get the disks back to them within the week. The others had no name or # except for one, the # is faded & just has a name...also one has initials...but what good does that do?

I hope to find more discs hopefully without the incentive to find my own!! If I find discs with names, Phone #s, or DGCR/PDGA #s, I will certainly PAY IT FORWARD. I'd expect the same courtesy if my lost discs are found. Even though it's hard work getting the discs out of water, it certain is a right & good feeling to help someone out & create another DG friend.

Those out there with other motives or have no courtesy towards others need to rethink their selfishness. Always do the good you can, to all you can, no matter what. That is an American standard that doesn't need eroding.

I love how some people say its rude to not call numbers, yet when you "think" someone may have your disc it is ok to steal it while they are using it. Only to find out it doesnt have your name or number on it at all.

you are right punctuation is totally unneccesary and doesn't make sentences easier or harder to read whoever thought that a period would help separate one thought from another is an idiot there is just no sense in separating anything because it just flows so much better without any punctuation i really hope this isn't hard to read it is just an example that anyone can understand writing without punctuation but what about questions is it harder to read nonsense without a question mark when you are writing your thoughts in the form of questions i think it will be easier to read if you have a question mark to separate that thought from others does anyone agree with me

i disagree...
Wooooosh!
(That was the sound of zud00's post going right over your head)

a friend of mine is completely paranoid...he's been playing off and on for maybe 2 years, just got his first "newer" discs a few weeks back...he's looking at my discs and notices that I've got my name and number on mine...he say's to me "That's a good idea, but i'm worried about people i don't know having my phone number"...so he decides to put his e-mail address on his discs instead of his phone number...i couldn't stop laughing for about 20 minutes, and i didn't have the heart to tell him that out of the 15 years I've been playing and the dozens of discs that i've lost i've only gotten 3 phone calls...ever

My son and I were out playing Falcone Park (9 holer beginner course) earlier today.

There was nobody around so we were emptying our bags on every hole. About hole #6, I look and see a guy playing by himself. He finally catches up with us and I ask if he'd like to join us.

He carrying a book backpack that had seen a lot better days. When he drops it next to the teepad, out rolls a disc and it lands top down and there's my name on the back of the disc.

I picked it up and it was a custom Buzz which I'd given to my son and had become his favorite disc. He lost it on another course about 2 weeks ago.

I explained this to the guy and he said he'd tried calling the number but there was no answer. I said I had changed cell numbers.

He gave it to my son but I could tell he was a little upset. I, then, realized he only had two discs, a Valk and a putter. I reached in my bag and gave him a new Roc I had just got. He took it reluntantly but by the end of round, he was in love with it.

Woodpecker <(and NO, DUT, I wouldn't have beat the **** out of him if he hadn't returned it, LOL)

Last edited:
I was with my buddies playing at Pappago Park after our round at the 2009 Memorial, and one of my buddies threw his disc which landed quite far up the main road that went through the park. We saw a car with three individuals drive up to the disc, one got out, grabbed the disc, and they sped off.

I go out of my way to help people find their discs, even it means my butt climbing a tree they can't. I believe in karma, and even though I get about 3/10 lost discs returned to me, I still return 100% marked discs. I just don't care to be throwing around someone elses disc, and then get confronted on the course for taking something that is not mine. The reward of returning another's discs and then seeing them in great joy when their disc is returned is better than adding just another disc in my bag.

I would like to think that the discs I have lost have been found by young/new disc golfers and are currently being enjoyed. However, I think it is more likely that they stayed hidden until they were chewed to pieces by the giant mower that cuts the rough.

Karma is cool and I wish more people would follow it. I have found many of discs in my day and returned all that I have known the owner. I remember a time years ago when I started that this guy caught up to us and asked if he could play along. 2 holes later he pulls out a disc that looked familiar, with a familiar autograph on top, well I bet you can guess what happened next... I said hey thats my disc. After him telling me I was wrong and even after I showed him every disc in my bag had the same autograph on it, he tried to sell it back to me. Not a finders fee or anything like that but 15, like it was brand new. He played the rest of the round by himself. Anyways, ever since then I return plastic to anyone that can identify thier disc or those who I know. Karma will get your ass so be good for goodness sake!

I caught someone once with a disc I lost once. I was at Lunchtime in SW Portland and I lost my perfectly broken in Pro Beast (which I found at Pier Park w/no number). Not too long later I was back at Lunchtime and a guy threw a Pro Beast that was the same color and it landed next to me. I knew it was mine beast because the scratches on the stamp matched. I asked the guy if he found it there and he got real defensive, saying he just bought it from a used disc golf shop nearby. He may have been telling the truth but either way, someone neglected to call the number! That's what its there for! Bad disc golf karma for you!

If you found that disc and didnt pay for it how does that make it any more yours than his. to me the fact that you lost a disc that you found and someone else found it sounds like karma to me and the fact u got all huffy about a disc that never really belonged to you in the first place i think the bad karma might be on you.

Geeez, can you imagine what woodpecker would have done? He would have beat the hell out of both those kids then thrown a couple bucks on there bodies.

Lol!! Haha!! I about died reading that!!! No offense woodpecker, but your "did I do the right thing" post opened you up for that one.

(I know this was a long time ago but I just saw it)

I would like to think that the discs I have lost have been found by young/new disc golfers and are currently being enjoyed. However, I think it is more likely that they stayed hidden until they were chewed to pieces by the giant mower that cuts the rough.

classic!

I guess I'm too much of a glass half full guy because I never considered the mulchin-monster.

It happened to me today!

Well I threw a QJLS in the water about 4-6 weeks ago. I honestly cared nothing for the disc and threw that disc because it was a water hole. Well, it went in by about 10 feet and was out of reach. I came back one week later to search for it... no luck. But I did find 5 other discs that were all garbage and only 2 had names. I of course called them up and made the returns.

Well today I met up with two college students on hole one and we decide to play together. It wasn't long before one of them putted in my QJLS. I saw it and immediately remembered it.

It still had my name on it and phone number clear as day. Well, I said "hey this is my disc" and they just had that awkward look their faces.

I asked "did you not think about calling me?"

"Uh well I never thought about it"

Well I had already planned on giving him the disc but as we continued to play I realized, he never did say sorry or even offer to give it back. I begin to think he was too attached to it for not being his and not caring that he clearly stole it. Still trying to be nice on #9 I told him I would give him a aviar putter that he said he really liked throwing for exchange for my water disc.

He hated that idea and decided he would play dumb... He dropped the disc in the middle of the fairway on 9 and went on to putt only to tell me he guessed he lost it. I guess he thought I was dumb so we went looking for it. He continued to play dumb... "I think I lost it on the last hole" No way pal, my wife and I saw you tee off with it.

I soon spotted it and showed him where it was. He walked over and picked it up. It was very clear he was throwing on a drama class to act like he "lost it"
He still was not giving it back even after this.

After he tried to fool me I decided to go ahead and walk over and snatch it from his hands. "I'll take that."

I did and he got really scared. As we walked back to our car they muttered some very unkind words. I walked my wife to our car and I told my her to stay here. I then walked back to the boys and gave them a lesson on respect. I chewed them out for a solid minute and they were supper nice about the fact I wasn't throwing punches. Lesson learned and I think they will start calling or not disc diving in general.

The sad part is they could had kept the disc if they called or even offered to give back. But the fact they acted like he lost it sent me over the top. I have never lost my temper like that but I also have never seen such disrespect.

I think you did the right thing there. Hopefully they take the lesson to heart.