• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Fastest mid? Near fairway range

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
I want a hybrid
Control of a mid, distance of fw

Stalker? River?
Anything newer?

I want a hybrid
Control of a mid, distance of fw

Stalker? River?
Anything newer?

Not sure what stability you want, but I'll suggest a Champion Leopard3, which is a fairway driver already.

A VCobra is sneaky long and fast for a mid, as well.

Last edited:
Discraft Glide and Squall could work. Problem with that speed level is, the discs are just that.... tweeners. You don't know whether to throw them or not. They don't really do the job of a mid, and they're too short to be fairway drivers. I haven't bagged a disc of this speed level in a long while.

Verdict is the longest mid I've thrown.

Twice now I've thrown Rocs, a Buzzz, and an EMac Truth in an open field all right around 300', fairways around 350', and my Verdict about halfway in between.

A PD flies that "longer Teebird" line for me. In the same way, this Verdict flies a "shorter Teebird" line for me. Straight, to more straight, followed by some more straight when I feel like it should have either turned or dumped or anything but still somehow gone straight, and then finally a mellow fade at the very end.

I would definitely say the Kaxe or the Gremlin. Those are definite tweener discs. If you want a long mid then there's nothing better than a buzzz IMO. They are just long.