• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite and least favorite disc golfer

Favorite= Schusterick. Besides being a local, he's very down to earth. When he plays in the weekly dubs, never once have I heard him say how great he is or how great he threw some shot in some tourney. Always joking around & doesn't look down on us mere mortals!

Least favorite= Guess I don't have one. After quickly learning that DG is a lot freaking harder than it looks, I've got mad respect for anybody that can sling plastic like they do

Top - Either Nikko or Cale. They are both so good. I probably like Cale better because he never loses his cool. Nikko... he can get annoying but give him a break. He's trying to make a living off of a sport that barely anyone has every heard of, so he can't afford to make mistakes.

Least - Feldberg. He's incredible, but he comes across as conceited and I'm sick of watching him footfault on walkup putts and make it.

For the professionals that make a legitimate living playing the sport that we love, they do have to approach the sport in a different way.
I have been around Feldberg on a casual day, during a $kin$ match, and during an NT and I can say, when it's on the line he is very focused (as he should be).
It was three distinctly different vibes.

Least - Feldberg. He's incredible, but he comes across as conceited and I'm sick of watching him footfault on walkup putts and make it.

Yeah, good point! I mean c'mon dude, u shouldn't be doing that shat at this point!

I'm glad this thread was started....I have my days and I am pretty hard on myself. I am now realizing how annoying it is and gonna try to not to be annoying about it :D and keep it to myself.

You will play better too!!! :thmbup:

Not true dude.I paid my money and gots me a card sayin I's a PROfessional Disc Golfer.....I rawk....you can be my fan

lol

PDGA member, not PDGA official. Big differance. Thumber, consider me your biggest fan.

Favorite: Thumber
Least: Johnson

I put Feldberg as my least favorite too... but those are definitely not foot faults. I totally admire his walk putt... it's always in. I've seen him hit too many to ever want to try to jump putt again (where the terrain allows).

Why do you think it's illegal?
There's no way you could put that front foot down and make the putt, that would be too awkward.

Walking putting for life...
DSCJNKY

PS. I attribute my walk putt to Ulibari, since that's who I saw do it first.

There's something to be said for professionalism and acting like you've been there before, as they say. I was standing right there as Nikko missed the bamboo gap on #7 at Winthrop and proceeded to kick his bag and cuss during Jussi's preshot routine, and it visibly distracted Jussi. There's no place for that and it bugs people. Curse yourself out on the inside but make it seem like you aren't bothered, then bury a 60 footer to win. People will like you and respect you.

Favorite: Climo (met him at Seneca Creek years ago)

Least Favorite: Anyone who takes >10 practice swings before their throw particularly a 12 foot putt.

Favorite: Climo (met him at Seneca Creek years ago)

Least Favorite: Anyone who takes >10 practice swings before their throw particularly a 12 foot putt.

This is perhaps one of the most hated things by long time tourney players.

Lotta Nikko haters but no one seems to have any video proof

the dvd of the USDGC 2010 lead group is a good example of Nikkos childish temper, but dont get me wrong is is a good player, and i also am guilty of getting a little frusterated on the course when i first started playing, but you just need to learn how to let it not affect you mentally, if he learns to cool his temper i think he would be a great ambassador to the game

I have yet to see him kick his bag.

If he is doing that then yes, it's not the best actions to be taking but yelling at his disc mid flight or picking up his marker in a tempered fashion is not reason to dislike him.

Anyone im playing with that says f@$^% after and between every word and throws there butts on the course.

jeeese I sound like an old lady

Favorite professional disc golfer: Cale Leiviska or EMac

Least favorite: Carl Cubbedge. AKA "Cubby"

Latest posts