• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feather River Open- Oroville CA- Registration is Open

They wouldn't let us in the park on Saturday saying the water was moving too fast, and it is supposed to be raining all week. What will happen if they won't let us in the park next weekend due to the same issues? I'm not worried, just asking.

They wouldn't let us in the park on Saturday saying the water was moving too fast, and it is supposed to be raining all week. What will happen if they won't let us in the park next weekend due to the same issues? I'm not worried, just asking.

They say rain all week too...

I just talked to Dom who talked to Chip and he said that the tourney is still on but obviously there will be modification to the course. As of now the park is still closed so no practice rounds I guess.

hoping the wind blows the rain clouds up north!! good thing i bought all new rain gear for napa, and of course it didnt rain there..lol hopin for the same thing

This should be interesting with a temp course setup no way to practice. There goes my advantage of being local.

lol Jimbo i came up for the shasta series and played the first round with the "locals".. ya i wasnt very pleased with them at alll.. i asked a number of times whats ob ect. i was crushin them by 4 with 2 to go and the island hole and asked them 4-5times what was ob and not.. ya i took a 7 cause the @sshat "locals" wouldnt tell me.. so i cant wait to come up to redeem myself..

Let me clarify - I'm not an Oroville local, Riverbend is just a local course for me. :rolleyes:

Mike - don't be surprised if Rick bumps you into intermediate. I know you're good enough... :rolleyes:

Any word on the tourny? are they goin to be able to have it ready for the weekend with all this new rain commin in the next few days?

I talk to the assistant TD every day or two, so as soon as I know more I will pass it along.

sounds good to me.. thank you jimbo.. ya we have a few commin from our grass valley crew

Mike - don't be surprised if Rick bumps you into intermediate. I know you're good enough... :rolleyes:

That's fine I didn't know what division to register for since this is my first PDGA event. Do handicaps apply for this, if so what would mine be? Just wondering:confused:

That's fine I didn't know what division to register for since this is my first PDGA event. Do handicaps apply for this, if so what would mine be? Just wondering:confused:

There isn't a handicap system like the Shasta Series. Instead you get a PDGA rating based on how you play in tournaments. Did you join our pay the non-member?

I'm now a member and I am signed up as a PDGA member. I have just not played any PDGA events. I usually only play Shasta Series.

I heard 18 holes will be played at Riverbend park and the other 18 will be at Nelson park. The forecast is for rain, 12 mph SSE winds, on a set up nobody has ever played. Bring a towel maybe two and some dry clothes for afterward. I'm excited.

I've been out to the forebay but never Nelson Park. Anyone been to that park? What is out there besides softball fields to put 18 holes? Pure speculation is welcome.

I've been there and it really is just softball fields and trees. I guess chip is out there right now designing the layout. I believe that they have had an event there before but I was not there so I can't tell you how it was. I will say this is defiantly going to level the playing field since nobody has practiced this setup.

Latest posts