• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Fighter

TKWolverine

Birdie Member
The Legacy Fighter was approved by the PDGA on 6-6-16. Does anyone know anything about this disc? (A Google search yielded squat)

It's the Battle Of The Aces mold for this year and looks to be close to FB overstable in the one video I saw.

It is all the rage on the collector page on fb.

Like Tbird said ^ it is one of the discs in the BOTA this year.

It's the Battle Of The Aces mold for this year and looks to be close to FB overstable in the one video I saw.

Interesting with the Enemy coming out soon(?)

Depending on color, etc I'm sure this will either fly like a FB or Thunderbird.

Agreed in regards to the Enemy being so close to release. I wonder if the Fighter isn't an early Enemy prototype that they liked the flight of and decided to release. That's pure speculation, but with the way that they tweak molds before release, it'd be foolish if they didn't keep some of the versions that didn't cut the muster for what they want.

Here are the videos I was talking about above.

Last edited:
Looks like the Enemy will be better for me than the Fighter. I've had the same two Firebirds in the bag for 10+ years, they are way straighter than fresh ones and they are still plenty OS for my needs.

The Fighter looks laughably overstable, I don't think I have much need/want for that much stability. Those videos make it look like the original Spirits or Speed Demons.

The proto FAF Pinnacle Enemy Rico threw in a video made the Fighter look damn near like a Roadrunner. Just saying.

Right but I believe they have backed it way off from there. The last disc thrown in the second video is an Enemy, it barely pans out.

Beef. Straight beef. The same kind of beef like a Justice or XXX just likes to point it's wing down and hyzer.

The profile is well, interesting. Sharp rim, a really high PLH but also has a large shoulder. Definitely nothing like a Firebird clone in profile or grip.

I'm really curious to see how both of these compare to a DGA Hellfire (which I love)

The Fighter is very overstable. I've been throwing one for a few days now. I carry 2 firebirds, a max. The flight is instant fade.
The Fighter is more overstable than both my both my firebirds and my max.

I found the Fighter very banshee-like and the Enemy very firebird-like

I made a video of the Fighter using it in a one disc round of disc golf. Video isnt as good as I would want, and it was a good lesson to see that a GoPro is terrible for recording a round... I did hit an ace with it though..

https://youtu.be/XxuoaVazR58

All I've seen floating around are the Battle of the Aces versions, discounting the Special Blend Fighter that was available on DGBM early on.

The Fighter should be released soon. The BOTA disc stays as such until the end of that calendar year. The Phenom went through the same thing.

picked up Supreme Flight's last glow Fighter ... been searching for a replacement for my stupid overstable stiff H1's for slow panning thumbers

finally found it :)

lost the H1's and tried replacing them with current 750's (3 or 4 different H1's) that just didn't have the same slow pan :\

hmmm...

i haven't lost an h1 ever, but that's no bueno. thanks for the heads-up. the h1 is my super utility, use-all-the-time-for-weird-situations disc.

i'll keep the fighter in mind.