• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding DG parks in Los Angeles, CA

Beeezer

So, as in my thread title states I've just moved to Cali and down here in L.A. I'm going through the different parks here I can't find much info on the net, but what I'm asking is what parks offer baskets/flags but are not recognized officially as a course. I would just like to find a park to practice before heading to an official course (Veterans Memorial Park in San Fernando).

yeah, I've looked through those. The closest one to me is San Fernando, but I was just wondering if there were any parks that had baskets or flags but were not actually courses. Is that possible?

If ya buy a portable basket and bring one to the park.

Or you can pick a quiet park and play some object golf.

Or maybe some locals will chime in with something more relevant.

any park will do for practice. soccer fields are great for putters and mids, object and backstop thats easy on discs

Hey man, I'm a LA local.
I can usually be found at Oak Grove or at Veteran's Park in Sylmar.
What's your schedule? I'll be playing tomorrow at OG after 3pm.
Hit me up with any question regarding DG in LA.
:p

Oh, wow cool a local finally. (Haven't had a lot of sleep lately, communication will be tough)

My sched: finals next week, kinda swamped but weekends are usually off. Will be heading up to Sylmar in a few weeks actually. Haven't played at a DG course, so will be interesting. Oh, and Fridays are always off-so will make it a priority to play.

There are really no 'unofficial' park courses in Los Angeles. Everything you see on the map is what we have. I don't think you need to be afraid to just go straight to a course, there are lots of friendly people here! Let one of us know if you ever want to meet up for a round. I take it you are in the valley?

That being said, I for one have gone to many parks and just played around a bit. Nothing regular though; there is a good park for practice in NoHo, right off the 170 at Magnolia. Large, unused open areas, and areas with more trees to practice specific lines with.

If you are a beginner, Sylmar MAY be a little intimidating to you. It is mega fun, I started playing out there, but it is hard to improve your score there ;) Try Oak Grove or Chavez Ridge as well, both are shorter, less technical courses.

If you ever want to hit up anything near Chino, Devour, Yucaipa, Riverside, Wrightwood or San Bernardino County let me know. thanks

Im local and available for most anywhere. I play Oak grove all the time. sylmar, whittier, azusa are close as well.

^And Chavez! The best disc golf course within a mile of Dodger Stadium!