• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding discs during tournaments

whatcha gonna do?

• Turn it in to TD ASAP

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Turn it in to TD after current round

Votes: 113 68.1%
  • Turn it in after all rounds are complete

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Keep it

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Hide it under some leaves

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • other (see post)

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters

steve a

* Ace Member *
Let's say you find a disc during a tournament round. The only ink on it are some initials you don't know. What do you do with it.

Put it in your bag till the end of the round, then turn them into the HQ for the lost and found.

Throw it on the next water hole.

Serioulsy though look around it could be a shanked drive, if no one's around turn it in to the TD.

Leave it, then pick it up after the round if convenient (and turn in to TD).

During a tournament, I won't touch a disc that doesn't belong to me unless I can be absolutely 100% certain that it's not in play. If I'm sure it's not a live disc, I'll put it in my bag to be turned in at tourney central.

Leave it, then pick it up after the round if convenient (and turn in to TD).

During a tournament, I won't touch a disc that doesn't belong to me unless I can be absolutely 100% certain that it's not in play. If I'm sure it's not a live disc, I'll put it in my bag to be turned in at tourney central.

DEf this, you never know how far the rec cards are from you.

Throw it on the next hole to see how it flies. If good, keep it. If not, trade it on DGCR.

I played in a tournament this spring and there was a disc sitting in the middle of the fairway on a hole. It didn't belong to us so we left it. It was still there the second round. I also found one prior to the event starting. I forgot to turn it in all day. I eventually sent it to the owner later that week on my dime.

yeah Ill go with leave it then. Just needs to get back to the rightful owner..

I would turn into the TD after the round. If you leave it, it might get picked up by some douchebag who will keep it for themselves.

There is also a good chance it belongs to someone on the next card. You can give it back to them when the inevitable back-up begins because of slow play on long holes.

I'd take it to the TD as soon as possible. If I pass the TD's area during my round Ill drop it off then. Otherwise I wait until my round is over & then turn it in. The sooner the better. They might need it & they def appreciate it.

If there is no way it can belong to a nearby card, I'd pick it up, (this is important in a PDGA event) let everyone on my card know it is in my bag and my intentions, and then turn it in to the TD after the current round. If there is ANY possibility that it could be live, then it stays where it is.

I'd PM Katana on FB and see how he would proceed. Then act accordingly. Then post about what I did on DGCR and get flamed.

I was playing a tourney back in the spring and the winds were kicking. I threw a lightish (167) 11X TeeBird on a hole where I needed it to turn right just a touch. Well the thing turned right a bunch and went into some thick schule right of a pond that is right of the basket. I looked for a minute and then just threw from the drop zone and counted it as a lost and forgot about it. All I put on my discs is a small PDGA # inside the rim.

A couple of holes later a kid comes running up to me and hands me my disc. It was Devin from right here on DGCR. I asked him how he knew it was mine and he said he used his smart phone to look up my PDGA#. I went on to use that disc quite a few times that day.

Thanks again Devin.

do we really need another thread about finding discs... apparently