• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FIREBIRD VS. MONSTER

rmorrow11

Par Member
I have thrown a ton of firebirds as well as a ton of monsters (aced with both), that being said, I feel like they are ALMOST the same damn disc with the exception of the old fl's... Any one else agree with this assessment?

I find the Monster to be more overstable. My Firebird is very flat and while still overstable, I can actually get some straight flight out of it before it fades and dies. My Monster is just a meathook.

My monster started off as a meathook but once broken in it flies fairly straight with a little fade. I would agree that it's a faster FB.

which Monster?
X mold?
Star L mold?
Pro Line L mold?

the X is super duper overstable and perhaps more so than the FB
the Pro Line is a little bit straighter with healthy fade...they are often super flat which also helps get distance
the Star is a pure L mold wing...more useable for me...can get it to hold a turn a little longer...with the help of a head wind...but won't flip

which Monster?
X mold?
Star L mold?
Pro Line L mold?

the X is super duper overstable and perhaps more so than the FB
the Pro Line is a little bit straighter with healthy fade...they are often super flat which also helps get distance
the Star is a pure L mold wing...more useable for me...can get it to hold a turn a little longer...with the help of a head wind...but won't flip

I guess I was really comparing the X with the 11x firebird.... which to me fly almost identical for me.

I have a star monster in my bag but that thing is a super meat hook. Even when I try to turn it over it just tears to the left. I can't get any distance out of it because it just wants to dive bomb. I only keep it in my bag if I find myself in a tight spot requiring that sort of shot.