• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First definitive signs of a new President/new Executive Director of PDGA

So outside of practical application......which is kind of irrelevant for discussion purposes here. given the new age breakdowns for GM, SGM....have little practical application, there are no changes per those new age breakdowns.

So, if the new age divisions are used, the fields are smaller and points even more difficult to come by. A trip to Bowling Green as a Grandmaster potentially has one half the available points up for grabs in either of the GM divisions, yet no changes are made to the criteria. The PDGA continues to baffle me.

I understand that the new divisions will likely never see the light of day, outside of a handful of large tournaments.....but isn't that where the points are available? Maybe the goal is to make getting to World's more challenging? If that is the case, why not just raise the point criteria mid season again?

I was on the Rules Committee in the early 90s and am now more of an occasional adviser to that group. I volunteer as head of the Stats, Course and Game Development groups, a member of the Competition Committee, a PDGA Tour Consultant for specific projects as assigned and a contractor along with my business partner Roger Smith to do the ratings for the PDGA. Have never been a PDGA employee.

I was on the Rules Committee in the early 90s and am now more of an occasional adviser to that group. I volunteer as head of the Stats, Course and Game Development groups, a member of the Competition Committee, a PDGA Tour Consultant for specific projects as assigned and a contractor along with my business partner Roger Smith to do the ratings for the PDGA. Have never been a PDGA employee.

ohhhh everything makes more sense now.

thanks!