• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

I was REALLY bored today, and the 105-degree temp and 115-degree heat index made me reconsider playing when I had time this afternoon, so ... I added up my unique votes. I am at 145 uniques with 1,801 thumbs up, so 8.5 percent. I wonder how that compares to other CZ members. I think my unique percentage is lower than most other CZ members because I have reviewed a lot of out-of-the-way courses with few reviews, and I don't have any real big-name courses that I have reviewed. Of course, I don't KNOW that; I'm speculating. I've got a one-day, 9-course trip planned soon, but in typical fashion, six of the courses are 9 holers, and almost none of them have even double-digit reviews.
I'm currently sitting at 1,303 thumbs up and 153 uniques, so I'm at 11.7%. I'm guessing big name courses are the difference maker as you hypothesized, as Idlewild, Mt. Airy Forest, Harmony Bends, and Eagles Crossing have all been big unique getters for me, as well as some more popular local courses like Jefferson Barracks and Sioux Passage.

Hoping to get back to some reviews in the near future, but in the meantime it's fun to see an occasional additional thumb and even unique come through.

I'm at 13.89 percent. :)

I'm at 5.6 percent. I bet the closer I get to 250, the lower %. Seems like basic math and logical.

What is this % y'all are coming up with? Genuinely curious, I'm not a mathemagician 😁

I tried counting uniques shortly before I got my diamond but that was a whole thing so, naturally, I gave up lol.

(Number of unique voters) divided by (total number of thumb ups) = some percentage.

I used different math to get the percentage (might be wrong - I hated math).

To calculate the percentage of unique voters that's part of the total:

Unique Voters x 100 divided by Total Votes

(210 x 100 / 3768 = 5.57%)

I think that's how it's done.

And ... it just seems to make sense to me that the closer you get to 250, the smaller that percentage becomes - because "repeat" voters represent a larger portion of the total number of votes that you're dividing by....

Sidebars:

My 3768 upvotes are on 348 reviews. That's 10.8 average upvotes per review. That number hasn't changed much in the last year or so.

Only 8 of my reviews have 20 or more upvotes:

Muddy Run: 25
Bluemont Park: 24
Pier Park: 22
Iron Hill: 22
Picnhot State Park: Quaker's Challenge: 22
Shank Park: 21
Codorus State Park - Purple: 20
Wickham Park: 20

Then a handful at 18 or 19

Baker's Dozen of Highest VoteGIVERS:

wellsbranch250
dreadlock86
wolfhaley
lee7607
brentjacobs
therembo
TylerJ
Monocacy
enragedmullet
DFrah
Crooow
pmay5
DiscGolfCraig

As of July 12 I have 130 uniques (I think I had 1,791 upvotes at that time)

In case anyone missed it, there's now a spot in your profile showing your "uniques", both ups and downs. It still has your total thumbs up and down like it always did, but now shows the uniques as well. Worth noting here since there's about 14 threads about the new site/features because DGCR is gonna DGCR :LOL:

In case anyone missed it, there's now a spot in your profile showing your "uniques", both ups and downs. It still has your total thumbs up and down like it always did, but now shows the uniques as well. Worth noting here since there's about 14 threads about the new site/features because DGCR is gonna DGCR :LOL:
And now my nerdy spreadsheet is obsolete, lol.

It's cool to see other people's counts as well. Also, Cerealman is at 249.

Cerealman, we see that you'll be leaving us soon. Please don't forget to turn in your CZ club keycards before your move-out date or you will be assessed a $10 apiece penalty on your final bill. We appreciate your longtime membership and wish you best of luck in your future reviewing endeavors.

-The Cubic Zirconia Club

And this might just be a Premium Member perk - but I noticed this morning that I can view who voted on ANY review - not just mine.

Cerealman, we see that you'll be leaving us soon. Please don't forget to turn in your CZ club keycards before your move-out date or you will be assessed a $10 apiece penalty on your final bill. We appreciate your longtime membership and wish you best of luck in your future reviewing endeavors.

-The Cubic Zirconia Club
You can still come use the clubhouse pool if you say pretty please.

Is that the "voters" piece of info? So if I have 165 up and 65 down then I'd only need 20 uniques to get to 250?

I haven't been banned or suspended in a couple months, so maybe I'll start contributing reviews for free to this website again.

Is that the "voters" piece of info? So if I have 165 up and 65 down then I'd only need 20 uniques to get to 250?

I haven't been banned or suspended in a couple months, so maybe I'll start contributing reviews for free to this website again.
I remember others saying only the thumbs up count towards the TR status.

For the life of me I can't find this. I'm starting to realize just how old I am that I can't find simple things like this and also that I use phrases like "for the life of me".

Edit: I'm a dingus - it's the "voters" thing with the thumbs up an down. lulz

It's good to see the unique vote count, I just saw it and was coming on this thread to share the joy. I had always ball parked it and was two off.

It looks like anybody rewriting a review will still lose previous votes, including Unique's. It seems like Discgolfcraig wrote one yesterday, and lost his votes again? I almost have a rewrite done, but I'll wait.

My course bagging will be far and few, but in two weeks I have a few days and will try to make it a good one, where to go. I miss those Covid days :), 2020 about 575 rounds played, and 2021 about 75 courses bagged.

Is it still 250+?
TR Qualifications
icon_trusted_bronze.gif

Bronze: 10 Reviews, 100 Helpful Votes, 20 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_silver.gif

Silver: 25 Reviews, 200 Helpful Votes, 35 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_gold.gif

Gold: 35 Reviews, 350 Helpful Votes, 75 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_diamond.gif

Diamond: 60 Reviews, 1000 Helpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Found here: Trusted Reviewer Qualification Info. & Minis

Seems like I'm currently stuck in Sterling Silver mode... Rose Gold maybe? lol

TR Qualifications
icon_trusted_bronze.gif

Bronze: 10 Reviews, 100 Helpful Votes, 20 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_silver.gif

Silver: 25 Reviews, 200 Helpful Votes, 35 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_gold.gif

Gold: 35 Reviews, 350 Helpful Votes, 75 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_diamond.gif

Diamond: 60 Reviews, 1000 Helpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Found here: Trusted Reviewer Qualification Info. & Minis

Seems like I'm currently stuck in Sterling Silver mode... Rose Gold maybe? lol
That's older from 2009. The Gold and Diamond unique levels were later moved up to 90 and 250.

Latest posts