• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First round is in the books!

td27

Well i got my feet wet now! I got out today and played my first round ever. I had fun, but definatly need work. I shot 16 over at Lustig Park in Janesville, wi. I will be trying to go out and improve as much as i am able to. So if anyone happens to be out at Lustig tomorrow, and wants to give me some pointers, ill be the one looking like a noob! lol. I think i am going to eenjoy this sport though, seeing as its a cheap, fun way to get out of the house for a while.

Way to go, you are going to really enjoy your summer learning the game with all of the great courses to play in Wisconsin.

Welcome to disc golf and the site!

My pointer for you: as you progress and start to learn about the fundamentals of the game, mechanics, etc. don't forget to keep having fun!

Check out Scott Stokley vol. 1 and watch it at the same time (immediately before/after) Fundamentals with Ken Climo and Dave Feldberg. Both videos have good points and build off each other exceptionally well. Don't get discouraged and listen to Jukeshoe, he carries my mantra well...HAVE FUN!

Welcome. Throw putters, mids and have fun. Stay out of the woods, don't hit the trees, and whatever you do NO LOW PUTTS!

But seriously, putters are kind of dull, but they will do more than you think they can. And they can go very straight with zero fade. Learn them first, and you will not have ot go through all the pain others have had to go through.

Welcome to disc golf, congrats on finishing your first round. Have many happy throws this summer!

Nice. And comming here so early could prove to be beneficial.

Welcome to the sport and the site.

Welcome! Disc golf is indeed an awesome game to play. This place is amazing if you want to improve, so many knowledgeable people here. Make sure you listen to Sloppydisc, those fast drivers are useless. Putters and mids are the way to go.

@peabody i had 4 pars, 1-3over, 2 doub bogeys, 10 bogeys but the shining moment was i birdied 18!! That made the round worth it. All in all i did better than i thought.@ sloppy i will have to keep that no low putts in mind, i had quite a few that were right on line and ended up hitting the pole dead on under the basket. I will have to check out those videos, and keep practicing. Thanks for all the support from everyone!

Welcome to the sport and the site, sounds like it didn't take long for the addiction to suck you in.

Latest posts