• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First time I've seen this happen in person

I'd count it too....you're grandfathered in.

Depends if it got stuck going in or going out and if any one saw it.

Hah it's good enough for me either way. I just heard a loud clang and didn't see it drop but couldn't tell what happened from the tee. Was pretty neat...exact same line as the time I chained out with a kc roc.

While not clear in the rule book the press release says...

The orange wedgie is now NOT IN if the group observed it wedge from the outside. If the group did not see it or watched it clear the top basket wire then wedge on the way out, it is IN.

Since he only heard it by the rules I believe it is asterisk free.

http://www.pdga.com/rule-changes-2011

**He beat me :D

If you hear it hit the basket and no chain then you know it got stuck going in. From the video at the basket he shows the tee so at the tee you could have saw it get wedged. A sick shot but I couldnt call it an ace.... But im a noob

that must have had a ton of juice on it coming in to wedge in like that. i've done it a few times with putts, but i've used floppy soft putters mostly so it's a bit more expected.

i had a shot years ago that still baffles me to this day. the hole was marked 375 but i don't think it was that long. ripped a forehand with an old champ banshee and it was looking good out of the hand. disc kept going and going and i'm thinking, wow, this is getting out there in a hurry. disc keeps going and i'm thinking man i'm gonna park this, and then it keeps going and has the height still to catch metal. i hear plastic hit metal but no chains, don't see the disc skip or nothing. i'm playing by myself and go sprinting to the basket and find the disc taco'ed ON TOP of the basket. the dinner plate with the hole number faces the tee, and the the right edge of the disc (RHFH) is wedged underneath where the bottom of the plate attached to the halo and the left edge of the disc was wedged also, underneath the outer rim of the halo somehow. i can see how the leading edge of the disc got underneath the dinner plate, but how the hell did the left edge of the disc wedge down too? i don't think physics can explain it.

If you hear it hit the basket and no chain then you know it got stuck going in. From the video at the basket he shows the tee so at the tee you could have saw it get wedged. A sick shot but I couldnt call it an ace.... But im a noob

The rules say that blind wedgies count.
http://www.pdga.com/rule-changes-2011
The rules say nothing about sounds of chains determining weather a disc is in or out.
I think it's possible that the disc could've been wedged like that while trying to pass from the inside of the basket to the outside.
Especially if Mike C was throwing FH.
The disc could've missed the chains, freaky stuff like that happens all the time.

Latest posts