• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flash

b-ry

So i have came across a few posts of a Cryztal z flash disc. I am wondering one if it exists and 2 if it does who has one for sale.

High view counts don't always mean much. Seems like davetherocketguy thought he had a Cryztal Z Flash back in 2012. But it was just Z. Quick google search comes up empty. Looks like they are a myth.

I'm a big Discraft guy and I have never seen a Cryztal Flash. Good driver though. An ESP one to beat in and a Z one would make a nice combo.

Thats what i thought wanted to have someone clearify.
And because i actually like the esp flash i have, good control over it no matter what im doing

Any suggeations on discs that feel or control like the esp flash i could try. Thanks
QUOTE=Halcón;2988822]High view counts don't always mean much. Seems like davetherocketguy thought he had a Cryztal Z Flash back in 2012. But it was just Z. Quick google search comes up empty. Looks like they are a myth.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest against the Flash, it's one of the most notoriously inconsistent molds on the market. Good luck on your search!

I'd suggest against the Flash, it's one of the most notoriously inconsistent molds on the market. Good luck on your search!

I saw a guy throwing a Groove at the local Membership tourney in Texarkana this weekend, so to each his own...

not to bash Innova too bad but my Champion Colossus experience has been all over the place and one hit seems to really take the stability out of it...

but for Discraft the Flash has probably the least consistency of any of their molds.

Weird, I have 3 regular-production ESP Flashes and they all fly exactly the same, even though they were purchased years apart. I have two more Z Flashes that are barely flippier than the ESP's, and fly basically the same as each other.

On the other hand, my first-run ESP is way flippier than any of the others. And I have a random freak flat-top Z Flash that flies like a long Firebird. But I don't think these kinds of variations are all that unusual for any relatively high-speed mold.

You can buy Wraiths that cover the spectrum from meathook to flippy, and I don't hear anyone complaining about how inconsistent that mold is. If anything, it's a good thing that you can cover a wide range of stabilities with one mold (if you know what to look for).

Just bought 4 ESP Flash, all have a moderate dome...just about what you want. 3 of the 4 are the same color and weight, so they're likely from the same run. Z Flash(new stamp) are very flat, and faster through the air with less glide. Also more stable/OS due to higher PLH.

I'm revisiting Discraft drivers...Flash, Force, and Nuke. All in ESP.

Weird, I have 3 regular-production ESP Flashes and they all fly exactly the same, even though they were purchased years apart. I have two more Z Flashes that are barely flippier than the ESP's, and fly basically the same as each other.

On the other hand, my first-run ESP is way flippier than any of the others. And I have a random freak flat-top Z Flash that flies like a long Firebird. But I don't think these kinds of variations are all that unusual for any relatively high-speed mold.

You can buy Wraiths that cover the spectrum from meathook to flippy, and I don't hear anyone complaining about how inconsistent that mold is. If anything, it's a good thing that you can cover a wide range of stabilities with one mold (if you know what to look for).

These aren't "random". Every Z Flash I've seen on the shelf the last couple years are all flat-topped. They're the newer Z's with the circle stamp, btw.

Z Flash is a good, albeit inconsistent, mold. High PLH flat Flash is a ripper. Flash is a direct competitor to the Orc, BTW.

My driver progression from 2004 to 2009 was Beast > Orc > Wraith > Flash. They are definitely in the same ballpark. Flash was my main distance driver until I really started playing seriously again in 2014.

ESP Flash was a very straight and long disc for me. I would probably still be throwing them if I hadn't lost my favorite one. I still throw the 1st run ESP every once in a while as a control-D turnover disc.

Nowadays I feel like I'm leaving distance on the table if I'm not throwing speed 12's, but that's probably barely true. The Flash is as good as anything out there IMO.

I threw old beats before they became old. Fell in love with z flashes, after getting a bunch in misprint boxes, especially a domey blue one. Unfortunately I threw it in a river, now I've been using a flat almost puddle top fly dye and it's much beefier. Started throwing a z avenger more that was more flash like than my old flash. Threw that in a frozen drainage ditch, watching it float away without being able to get to it. Back to my old mold beasts. Will probably go back to flashes after I lose all the beasts.

My friend has a dark blue Z Flash that is money. Most other ones are more overstable like an Orc.

BTW, I thought that the Crush was supposed to be like the Orc :p

I got a couple white ESP Flashes in a Misprint pack once and really liked them. They eventually were lost or kicked out though...

The Flash came out three months after the Orc. The Crush came out three months before the Orc. The Starfire came out three months before the Crush. My opinion is that Discraft was working on 21mm rim drivers (Flash & Crush) at the time Innova was working on 20mm rim drivers (Orc & Starfire). Similarities were unintentional. Unless you think industrial espionage happens between golf disc manufacturers. They were trying to out-do each other like they always do.

No one complains about that mold (Wraith) specifically because, well, innova...

You'd be better off trying to build a short list of molds that they are able to produce consistently.

It's the #1 reason my bag is only 10% innova. Inconsistency is great if you want one rim to rule them all, but restocking and buying online is /fail.

I've not thrown a Flash. Similar to a Valk?

Latest posts