• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Flick alternative?

Has anyone thrown a Spirit? How does that compare?

Flat Spirits are hogs, the ones with a bit of dome try to stay straight for a bit. They are very nice for extreme overstable duties and is the only Gateway driver to spend time in my bag.

I think you should buy two Flicks and hit the woods. Identify a line and try to hit that line with both Flicks. They'll be ready in half the time, and you'll have a replacement for when this happens next. You have to break in multiples of everything.

I have long fingers and I use an xcaliber for flicks mostly as it feels most comfortable. I've used monsters as well and they double as an overhand disc for me. when practicing I have brought out z crushes and they work well also.

Predators sound interesting, but how are they for overhands? I'm guessing they don't get as much distance as a Flick or XXX, but are they close or is it more like Destroyer-type distance for thumbers?

try a pulse good for all that you mentioned, however for tomahake/ overhand D plastic worked better for me

Predators sound interesting, but how are they for overhands? I'm guessing they don't get as much distance as a Flick or XXX, but are they close or is it more like Destroyer-type distance for thumbers?

My Z is maybe 10-20' shorter than my Flick was for thumbers. Pretty negligable when considering it being a much more reliable wind fighter and true overstable.

i agree. predators are like a more workable flick. only so much you can do with a disc that stable. i throw my predator overhand almost exclusively and sidearm to get out of trouble on rare occasions

Yeah, this is basically the spot of Predator in my bag as well, with the very rare forehand shot.

I think OP would do well with a Z Pred if he's going for the skippy shots.

\/\/

So, I do have a new Flick as a backup, and I used it today at a shorter pitch and putt course. And omg...the thumbers...they're just so damn good with this disc. Any hole from 200' to 270' it was just parkjob after parkjob. I really like how this disc has very little left-to-right movement for thumbers compared to every other disc I've tried, including the 11x Firebird. I think I'll just bite my tongue and throw it till it beats in, even if it's slightly beefier than I want for forehands and backhands atm. The Predator still seems interesting and I'll probably check it out at some point down the road.

Yeah, I cant lie and say I dont miss my Flicks every now and then and the lolz by pulling off some sick flexs and skip shots that a new one does. Pissed a friend off with one by only using it and a putter the entire round with thumbers and flex skips and scored better than him. He still swears he needs to get a Flick.

I'll probably get one mid summer just to put in the bag for ****s-and-giggles