• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Folf Club - Ultimate Disc Golf Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folf Club

We are just launching a new product. It is the Folf Club the ultimate disc golf launcher.

Not intending to change the sport of disc golf, the Folf Club is for those who simply want to mix it up a bit and have just a little more fun. This is ideal for those that just want to huck discs ridiculously far with little effort, may have a disability or are physically challenged, or for those that just need to get outside and goof around.

We know it is not approved by the PGDA (and likely never will be) but think it would be fun none the less.

We are raising support through a campaign on Product Funder so we can kick-off production. We would love community support for this fun adaptation. We are pre-selling launchers for the cost of a disc, $15 with free shipping for the first 200 people.

The launcher works with roughly 80% of standard discs. Larger diameter discs fit into the thrower tighter and take a harder swing to release. These larger discs produce farther throws. Discs with smaller diameter fit into the thrower easier and take a more gentle swing to throw. They do not go as far but are easier to control.

Folf Club

Thank you kindly for support!
-David
92233651517384521188612.jpg

Reminds me of the gimmick that throws tennis balls to dogs so you don't get spit on your hands...very cool!

previous poster beat me to it...how to pick up disc and insert into thrower? Hmmm

Last edited:
We were able to TM Folf. Frolf is based off frisbee's TM, that had potential complications. Both names are used, they differ regionally.

Thank you all for initial support. Our campaign is just one month long on Product Funder At the end of this month, we will ship out the throwers ASAP using the pre-sales to fund the first production run.
Thank you again
-David

I feel like I (or my kid if I let him try it) could kill someone with an errant throw with this thing. Is it easy enough to control to not to have to worry about something like that?

What kind of spin does this impart? Is it comparable to a regular throw's spin?
...IE...could it be mounted on a spring loaded pivoting arm to accurately, realistically, and repeatedly launch a disc? Cause that'd be great for flight chart makers...

There is a textured section on one side of the disc holding slot to help make it spin. We messed around a bit by adding rubber strips to the prototype for more texture causing more spin. It is fun trying to optimize for each disc Each disc throws different. The larger diameter discs require a faster swing to launch but go further.

Status
Not open for further replies.