• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I don't even think they're JL (out of the box) stable. Mine had a touch of turn to them on the first throws.

I'll hold judgement before I compare them to my beloved PFN Stars. Maybe once they've broken in, but mine may never hit that point, as I just don't love the few I've thrown (as much as I was wanting to!).

My experience as well

Anyone have experience with the gummy glow Teebirds from the factory shop? TIA

I've got a kind of old school gummy glow from a tourney that I think is the same. It's pretty beat at this point but is crazy gummy. Grip is great and pretty pliable. Almost to the point of gstar without the sheen. Still maintains a champy feel with a ton of give if that makes sense. Pretty flat too.

As far as the flight. They're almost like a seasoned t3 with just a bit later fade. Absolutely no turn and gradual but good fade.

Again, might be slightly different but I think they're the same. Hope this helps.

Sounds good. I don't know what my chances of breaking down and spending $75 at the factory are, but I will definitely pick one or two of these up if I do.

Sounds good. I don't know what my chances of breaking down and spending $75 at the factory are, but I will definitely pick one or two of these up if I do.

I made a factory store order the other day. Ordered 4 of the new champion totem Teebirds and tacked on some F2s that I wanted. Sold all 4 Teebirds on eBay and almost covered the cost of my order. There's still plenty of those totem Teebirds in the Factory Store and surprisingly none for sale on eBay right now, so that might work for you if you're just looking to cover your shipping and some costs. Some people have a moral objection to scalping though (or just don't want to do the work to resell).

I made a factory store order the other day. Ordered 4 of the new champion totem Teebirds and tacked on some F2s that I wanted. Sold all 4 Teebirds on eBay and almost covered the cost of my order. There's still plenty of those totem Teebirds in the Factory Store and surprisingly none for sale on eBay right now, so that might work for you if you're just looking to cover your shipping and some costs. Some people have a moral objection to scalping though (or just don't want to do the work to resell).

Not saying it is wrong, but not really my style. It is tempting though.

I picked up a couple of the Gummy Glow champ F2 teebirds at max weight from the factory store (thanks for the tip MGAMACHE8).

Excellent feel, gummy, grippy with a pliable flight plate. As someone mentioned earlier not unlike a Gstar in feel

Profile and PLH almost identical to my Star AJ TB. Not board flat but not domey. Broad shoulders with roughly the center 5.5inches flat

Higher PLH than my DX birds, less domey thann my Gstar bird

If all goes well I expect to let them fly today

I threw a beat in Gstar Tbird3 downhill 320' yesterday, into a ferocious Hurricane effect crosswind, flat release, and NO fade, it went straight into the woods beyond/right of the basket, it was a nice looking throw, though, I guess i should have used the Krait, It seems to fight wind fairly well, and its more OS(new Gstar), i also need to beat in my new TL3 to make it fly more US i guess....

I picked up a couple of the Gummy Glow champ F2 teebirds at max weight from the factory store (thanks for the tip MGAMACHE8).

Excellent feel, gummy, grippy with a pliable flight plate. As someone mentioned earlier not unlike a Gstar in feel

Profile and PLH almost identical to my Star AJ TB. Not board flat but not domey. Broad shoulders with roughly the center 5.5inches flat

Higher PLH than my DX birds, less domey thann my Gstar bird

If all goes well I expect to let them fly today

Please report back.

Had a chance to throw these max weight Glow Gummy Champ F2 Tbirds from the factory store today.

They are excellent, better than I hoped. More OS than my Dx, Gstar, Star and AJ Star TB.

Long very straight flight, Zero high speed turn, heavy fade at the end of the flight. Very predictable into the wind.

The only downside I can see that some might not like is they are perhaps even a bit more floppy than the purple Gstar I have.

Not too floppy for me but due to back injuries 300' on TB is a good throw for me

So you're throwing a really OS Teebird 300', but that's a good throw for you?

Color me skeptical. What do you throw, max distance?

First off i understand your skepticism anyone who throws 300ft and try to explain a disc generates skepticism here.

You should understand that i am older, my early discs were Lightning discs in the early 90s. I am not a tourney player, furthest I go is an occasional random draw doubles.

I used to throw longer however at this time in my life i have broken some vertebrae in my back so I very limited on torso rotation. I spend time at Physical therapy trying to get strong enough to walk without a cane. I do now and I enjoy playing because it helps me keep my back loose. I play a part or slightly below part game mainly because I can play a decent short game.

Because my injury I have disc'ed down now to the point where tee birds and eagles are the fastest discs I throw.

A good throw for me with either is 300ft. When that happens it is usually on a very beat disc in an open field (currently my longest disc is a very beat Eagle X Dx at 172)

I did not intend to say the Glow Gummy champ is something I can throw 300ft, I bought it to be an over stable compliment to my other teebirds. It fades out much earlier than my more beat birds.

Spelling correction, I meant to say par, phone corrected to part in the above post.

Also to be clear, when I refered to my AJ Teebird, I am not meaning one of the older Proshop teebirds, I am referring to the current AJ signature production star teebirds, which to me is different than the older non-AJ signature star Teebirds.

Had a chance to throw these max weight Glow Gummy Champ F2 Tbirds from the factory store today.

They are excellent, better than I hoped. More OS than my Dx, Gstar, Star and AJ Star TB.

Long very straight flight, Zero high speed turn, heavy fade at the end of the flight. Very predictable into the wind.

The only downside I can see that some might not like is they are perhaps even a bit more floppy than the purple Gstar I have.

Not too floppy for me but due to back injuries 300' on TB is a good throw for me

Kewl, wanting an OS Teebird with good grip

My brother never plays, he saw my bag recently and said, "hey I have one of those frisbees"....

He didn't know he was sitting on a golden ticket. A wonderfully beat in Champion TeeBird that, since I've had it, cannot disappoint.

If my Star TL doesn't ace first, I'm confident thus bird will.

Attachments

• 20161019_051217.jpg
    20161019_051217.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 122
Dropped by pias at lunch today. Used rack had a used chamo teebird on it. Sweet! I think. Its a plus mold. Didnt get a chance to throw it, but I'm not sure about it. That rim makes it reel like it's coming out early.

Dropped by pias at lunch today. Used rack had a used chamo teebird on it. Sweet! I think. Its a plus mold. Didnt get a chance to throw it, but I'm not sure about it. That rim makes it reel like it's coming out early.

Try throwing it with a fan grip! It may work for you. I have had some success with this grip using discs that I don't power/ "control" grip well.

Wanted to give the teebird thread some love since it's my favorite disc. Just picked up a couple of the Nybos, but I've been reluctant to throw them because they are so pretty! I suppose discs are for throwing, even the pretty ones.

Latest posts