• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Backpack

Sorry that you got a dud. Maybe Facebook is the better way to get ahold of them because they never responded to me by email. Hope you get your Tana sorted out, it really is a good bag.

Sorry that you got a dud. Maybe Facebook is the better way to get ahold of them because they never responded to me by email. Hope you get your Tana sorted out, it really is a good bag.

Got my bag sent back, and a new bag sent to me yesterday. So far their customer service has been exceptional.

So I guess I need to give yet another update. There's good news and bad.

The good news is that I got my new bag REALLY fast. The time from my initial complaint to having the new bag in my hand was 5 days, and that is including the Labor Day weekend. So really it only took 2 business days to get a new bag. Fossa's customer service gets a 10/10 from me.

Now for the bad news. My new Tana is ripping at the seams on the left shoulder strap. There's a 2 inch wide separation after only 2 full rounds played with it. Not sure if I'm just having bad luck with these bags, or if the quality is just low and this is pretty standard for these bags. I really don't know if want to send it back and get a third bag, or just get a refund and buy something else.

Can anyone else that has a Tana chime in with how yours is holding up?

Last edited:
I've used my Tana for about 15 rounds over a couple of weeks now and it's holding up fine. At least Fossa is being attentive to your issues. I don't know man, it's always hard to tell with a small new company. I guess that's why people are OK with spending twice as much on the other bags.

Another update. Apparently someone at Fossa saw my last post and emailed me 3 days later assuring me my last problem had happened to less than 1% of all bags, but they "added a bit more material as well as bar tacks to that spot" on all the new run of bags, to make sure it didn't happen anymore. Also offered to swap my bag out for one of the new ones and throw in a t-shirt for my trouble. More excellent customer service from Fossa.

So if any of you are having problems, just send them a message on their site and they'll take care of you.

Anyone else tried this bag? Is it holding up? How does feel to carry the bag?

Another update. Apparently someone at Fossa saw my last post and emailed me 3 days later assuring me my last problem had happened to less than 1% of all bags, but they "added a bit more material as well as bar tacks to that spot" on all the new run of bags, to make sure it didn't happen anymore. Also offered to swap my bag out for one of the new ones and throw in a t-shirt for my trouble. More excellent customer service from Fossa.

So if any of you are having problems, just send them a message on their site and they'll take care of you.

Take that, Salient! LOL.

I ordered the Fossa Tana pro & shipping starts Nov. 11. It will be my first backpack. Hope it rocks. I'll post my thoughts when it shows up.

my $40 Magellan performed better than the Tana

I have both the Magellan bag ( on my second, as the first ripped apart in less than a month of casual play) and a Fossa Tana.

Of the two, I find the Tana to be the better constructed, better ergonomically and more comfortable for a tournament. The tana also holds more discs and has more storage for my other items.

The one area the Magellan wins is in its water storage.

YMMV.

Any review of the pro backpack. Looks nice but what is the difference?

Received my Tana Pro yesterday, this is an upgrade for me as I've been using the Gateway Mini Backpack for the last 3-4 years, and a Fade Crunchbox prior to that.
I normally carry around 16-discs +/- and wanted to stick with a smaller backpack while getting more storage capacity than I have with the Gateway. Played with a guy who has the original Tana in a recent tournament and I was greatly impressed with the bag overall. After noticing the Tana Pro pre-order online and comparing other "medium" sized backpacks I pulled the trigger.

The Tana Pro is the same size and layout as the original, but includes the following upgrades:
1000D Cordura, thicker straps w/ more padding, rubber base, additional D-rings, better zipper pulls, added pocket inside top compartment, rain fly w/ storage pocket.

Initial impressions:
Bag is sturdy, and appears to be well made. The rubber base eliminates the need to plasti-dip the bottom which is a nice bonus. More features, straps, D-rings, and pockets than I currently need so the bag has room to grow into. The black on black was also a nice selling point for me from an aesthetic point of view. Very comfortable with lots of padding on the straps and back of the bag. Easy to adjust to get the right fit right away.

After tinkering around and setting up the interior dividers/shelves I loaded up the bottom with around 18-discs (midranges and putters). With the bottom full it's difficult to take out and put back in your discs......2-3 more inches of head space between the disc compartment and the shelves would help with this.

The bag comes with a cradle that is held together with 2-supports attached by velcro. This is a nice feature that helps support the bag and the hold the discs in place, but I felt it made the disc storage space tighter than it already was. I ended up installing a pvc frame that I previously built for the Gateway Mini as it fit perfectly, is lighter and sleeker than the cradle, and improved disc access along with more rigid support for the bag.

There are two shelves that are attached to velcro dividing the disc storage from the top storage. Once installed these shelves provide a place to fold in the front flap and hold up to 2-discs. More tinkering around and I ended up putting the lower shelf as high up on the velcro strips as possible, then folding the top shelf onto the lower one. This created the additional head room in the disc compartment I was looking for, and it still holds the front flap and 1-disc.

The difficult disc access spooked me at first, but after doing the tweaks described above and letting this bag break in I am not worried. Great bag for the buck!

The Fossa Tana Pro has become the Official Backpack of Team RDG.
After doing some testing, we have concluded that this bag is the best combination of value & performance available on the market today. I've dubbed the Tana Pro with a simple motto: Pro Quality, AM price.

The tweaks that occurred on the Tana to create the Pro model have made a huge difference for the overall value of the bag. The highlights would be:
- Pebble rubber bottom: waterproof bottom layer that greatly enhances the durability of the bag
- Wider straps: the straps are quite comfortable & the upgraded lumbar pads are very plush
- 1000D Cordura: the exterior of the bag now feels bulletproof like a Voodoo/Grip
- Rainfly: the free rainfly and added rainfly puch really add a nice level of "luxury" at this price point.

Below you will see some pics that show off the Tana Pro's features from multiple angles. I will do a detailed analysis if you'd like something wordy to go along with the pics.

XjCDKSE.jpg

Z23nq27.jpg

9aTZSJ1.jpg

J0HptkZ.jpg

GN28uIS.jpg

EF8uyIu.jpg

OxysefU.jpg

About 3 months in and my tana pro still looks like the day I bought it. For the record I have 2 putters in the side, 2 on the shelf, 2 in the main along with 4 mids and 10 drivers (20 total). This bag is an amazing deal.

Attachments

• 20160130_101936.jpg
    20160130_101936.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 91
Couldn't agree more.
It sounds a little lame but I can say that I am proud to carry & sell Tana products.
The Pro is the absolute perfect balance between quality and price point.

I love the rubber bottom, the straps have an amazing amount of padding & it is quite stable sitting on inclines.
Overall, I don't see myself buying another bp for a very long time (until Fossa releases a Pro model of a 12-14 disc style)

I customized my Tana Pro with a little Reptile Style. And yes... that is a Fossa stamped Scale ;)
Free with the purchase of a Fossa bag through RDG.
N3Gbzwz.jpg

I got my fossa tana pro in Thursday. Should play my first round with it tomorrow.

My only beef so far is I live the putter shelf, but not loving how it conflicts with the other discs. Deciding if that is going to mean I tuck it up all the way and don't use it.

The bag feels great and small compared to my Kilimanjaro.