• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Backpack

I want to know the dimensions for that larger PVC frame that also support the top, and does this make it harder to get the discs in the top putter pocket?

The PVC frame is about 1/2" below the bottom of the velcro that the putter pocket/top shelves fasten to, so you could increase the height if you wanted the back side to be snug.

I got the bottom section placed at the top of the velcro strips with the top section sitting freely on top of the bottom. I did this to give the disc compartment as much head room as possible. By doing this I can still fit one disc in the top pocket, but I typically don't carry enough discs to use it anyway.

On a side note, the Tana Pro continues to impress me. Yesterday's tournament was a wet one, and the rain fly worked great. Everything stayed dry, and the design of the rain fly allows you to access everything with ease.

Just wanted to get on here and throw my support toward the Tana Pro as well. I tried the Grip AX15 last week and it seems to be shaped in the opposite way my back is when I'm standing straight up. It left my lower back sore where the rigid base of the bag meets the rigid curved back. The most comfortable way for me to wear it was hunching my shoulders forward to keep the weight off my lower back - doing this triggered a nice pain in my upper left shoulder. Clearly not the bag for me (for reference I'm 5'10 170lbs). Anyway Grip won't take my return because I used it once (what a joke!) so you might see it up on the market place in the next few days.

Anyway on to the Tana Pro -

The bag rides really comfortable high on my back or low. I prefer it a little high on my back because it feels super secure and stable even when bending over to pick up a disc. I currently carry 21 discs (17 in the main compartment with room for a couple of more, 2 in the vertical compartment, and 2 in the putter pocket). The pocket next to the main drink holder easily holds another thinner 24oz water bottle and the top compartment holds a sweater or jacket easily (or a sixer no problem.) I like that I can grab my Nalgene water bottle while the bag is on my back - really difficult to do/pretty much impossible with the AX15. The rain fly allows for easy disc access when it is on. Overall really great medium sized back pack bag with plenty of space and every feature the top pro bags have.

The I use is 1/2 pvc:
Height - 4 - 3"
Depth - 4 - 4"
Width - 2 - 10"
4 corner connectors
4 elbow

This allows me to store:

6 drivers
4 fairway drivers
5 midranges
2 putters

Plus one putter on the shelf and two in the side pocket

So I have put my divider back in because this frame is not deep enough. I will update it in when I have new dimensions. It is allowing the feet of the bag to rub my back a little.

Update on the PVC frame... I took it out. At first I didn't like the change but after a couple weeks I didn't notice a difference. The bag has definitely stretched out. It can be difficult to get to discs on the ends but I just stick my utility discs or backup discs on the end and it works.

Has anyone else switched from the PVC to the insert that comes with?

Dude. Do I have really bad luck or is this becoming common with these bags? Got another huge rip in a different spot. All I was doing was trying to zip it up with a towel inside. I've done that zipper a few hundred times, and it's not over-stuffed, and never had any problems, then bam this stitching popped and went bad really quick.

I guess I'll do another swap and hope the 4th time's the charm? Or should I upgrade to the Pro? If I'm being honest, I'm hesitant to spend the extra $45, knowing how much the stitching has ripped on the first 3 Tana's I've had.

Dude. Do I have really bad luck or is this becoming common with these bags? Got another huge rip in a different spot. All I was doing was trying to zip it up with a towel inside. I've done that zipper a few hundred times, and it's not over-stuffed, and never had any problems, then bam this stitching popped and went bad really quick.

I guess I'll do another swap and hope the 4th time's the charm? Or should I upgrade to the Pro? If I'm being honest, I'm hesitant to spend the extra $45, knowing how much the stitching has ripped on the first 3 Tana's I've had.
Contacted Fossa and they're giving me an upgraded Pro Tana for free to replace this one. They claim I'm having really bad luck, and I tend to believe them based on all the other good reviews I'm seeing here and around the web on these bags.

Their customer service has been nothing but amazing.

I've had my Tana for well over one year and one hundred rounds now and it's in great shape. No rips or tears, just a bit dirty.

Contacted Fossa and they're giving me an upgraded Pro Tana for free to replace this one. They claim I'm having really bad luck, and I tend to believe them based on all the other good reviews I'm seeing here and around the web on these bags.

Their customer service has been nothing but amazing.

That is awesome to hear!
Thankfully I haven't had problems with my bag but it is good to know if I do they take care of their customers.

They're great customer service wise for sure. I think you will enjoy the Tana Pro, it is actually a really good upgrade to the OG Tana and could probably be at an even higher price point, great bag in general, even moreso at the price

Pretty good bag for the $. Holds 20 easily (I carry 16). The putter pocket isn't big enough for two, maybe when it stretches out, I currently carry my two utility discs in the putter pocket instead. Good storage and seems well made.

I like that it's compact, black and simple. Doesn't look like a box covered by my grandmas quilt or some weird box with wings, ridicules logos or bling all over it..

Last edited:
^^ i thought the same with the putter pocket when i first got it but my Pro holds two now with no issues

Looking at this bag. Should I pull the trigger?

I LOVE my Pro .. it rides well, plenty of storage, holds an easy 20, the Pro comes with a rainfly etc... for the cash its a great buy! Could it be better? there are always improvements that can be made but for the investment i dont think it can be beat!

FYI

There are a few Tana Pros that were printed with the Fossa logo upside down.

They're 50% off. He is adding them to the store as he finds them. May not hurt to call or FB message them if you want one. Hell of a bag for $75

Latest posts