• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Here is a picture from the tee. You can see the long sidewalk, and you can acutally see someone walking up the sidewalk, and there is the sign:

TimberLanesomeoneonthesidewalk.jpg

That sign still looks awfully new. No one has hit it yet? :p

That sign still looks awfully new. No one has hit it yet? :p

This course is very new. Only installed back in December. Its also a very tight 9 hole course, so most people don't head out there to play, and you would really have to shank one to hit the sign. I am sure it will happen soon, since I have seen many noobs out there playing.

I just played there, and the course kicked my ass. Very tight fairways. Here is a link to the course, see for yourself:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4339

Bill, don't be silly. If this were Pitfall there would be a swinging rope above the moat. And most likely a lurking crocodile.

This course is very new. Only installed back in December. Its also a very tight 9 hole course, so most people don't head out there to play, and you would really have to shank one to hit the sign. I am sure it will happen soon, since I have seen many noobs out there playing.

I just played there, and the course kicked my ass. Very tight fairways. Here is a link to the course, see for yourself:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4339

The course looks really fun! That sign will be hit soon! I'd probably find a way to hit it if I played there. :doh:

The course looks really fun! That sign will be hit soon! I'd probably find a way to hit it if I played there. :doh:

This is the closest course to my home (Now that River Grove went private. Still pisses me off) , so I just might head down there soon, and aim for the sign and see if I can hit it.

This is the closest course to my home (Now that River Grove went private. Still pisses me off) , so I just might head down there soon, and aim for the sign and see if I can hit it.

You know fully well that you'll only be able to hit it when you're not aiming for it.

Free Basket

Met a coworker at Frankfort city park for a quick round after work. Found a homemade basket by hole 1 tee pad. It's obviously seen better days but is well built. We loaded it up and took it to work for putting practice during lunch. Thanks Squirrel

Attachments

• P1000672.jpg
    P1000672.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 134
  • P1000671.jpg
    P1000671.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 130
Last summer at Veterans Park in Parma, OH. My friend and I were playing a morning round before work. I don't remember which hole this was prob in the middle. Anyways my buddy steps up to the tee and is about to drive when a deer comes crashing through the trees about a hundred feet in front of us. We watch it continue on to our right and out comes this kid chasing the deer in a black hoodie hood up and tied tight holding a stick upright in both hands like a sword just hauling butt. My buddy looks at me with this bewildered expression and says, "What the hell? Why is that ninja chasing a deer?" I have never laughed so hard in my life.

That's an awesome story...I wish I had some more odd ones. So far only thing I have which I think I shared long ago was when me and my buddy were about 2/3 of the way through our round and we hear some guy on another hole yell "F@#$ING HIPPIES!!!" Not sure what he hates about hippies, but I sort of wish I had seen the whole thing and not just heard that. I'm also reminded of the first ace I ever saw, was another friend of mine's second ace. After the ching he yells really loud runs about half way out the fairway runs back, hugs me(he's a rather large muscular guy too). When we arrive at the next tee one of the people waiting says "You get an ace?" He replies yes and the guy said "Yeah I figured after hearing chains and the yelling."

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, while playing Veteran's Park in Arlington, I watched a guy walk his GOAT while riding his bike. Me and my buddy had to sit and watch him before we could throw.

Road Rage Incident at Burke Lake Park...

So a few years ago, I was playing Burke Lake Park with a buddy, and we were on Hole 8, which ends up by a park road, with a small gravel parking area, that you cross to get to Hole 9, 10 and 11.

Anyhow, while we're getting ready to finish up Hole 8, we hear a commotion coming from the road, and we see two vehicles come screaming down the park road, and into the gravel parking lot. The lead vehicle stops in the lot, and the other guy slams on his brakes, and then jumps out of his car, to confront the other driver. Bad mistake. As soon as this guy is out of the car, the other driver slams on the accelerator, sending up a spray of gravel all over him and his car, and takes off toward the park exit.

The guy stood there, kind of stunned for a second, then climbed into his car and went off after him. Not sure what happened after that, but we sure did get a good laugh at his expense.

Of course, the stupidity of speeding through a park, where there are kids and pets and getting into a fight goes without saying.

I was unfortunate to have seen a dildo at my course also a few years back :(

Also a turtle, with absolutely no water in sight, not even a puddle, hadnt rained even in weeks???

A dead body was found only about 300yards from first tee( when it gets too dark to see ur frisbee "LEAVE THE PARK" , glow rounds at ur own risk!

Condom next to a " playGIRL" magazine ----not cool

Middle aged men circling the park in there car , then parking, then circling, then parking etc....

DAMN U FAIRY'S GIVING OUR COURSE A BAD REP.....

Latest posts