• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

In the open fairway of 18 at FDR State Park in New York, an older asian couple were standing in the middle of the field, about 50 feet apart, simultaneously walking forward with their heads down. We wait for about 30 seconds until they are far enough to our left to drive, and I stretch and prepare to drive... except they start walking backwards, heads still down. This goes on for another minute or so and then they change direction.. It was like there were two aliens left in space invaders or something.. Anyways, when they start walking forward again, I finally drive (horribly) and my friend follows suit. As I walk towards my disc, the gentleman looks up and I ask, "are you looking for something?" He smiles and says no. "Just enjoying the beautiful day then?" "Yes." "All right, have fun!" Must have been some sort of tai chi or something.. They kept doing it until after we had holed out and left.

-----

At a local course with a mostly uphill 260' hole with an elevated teebox... We're walking up to the tee sign of the 16th hole when a friend states that he has to pinch a loaf. We groan and oblige and, as there are no public facilities in the park itself, he walks off to attempt a clingless backwoods drop. Now, the tee itself is a good ways from the tee sign/chill area, so we wait at the sign and sip some water. This particular hole has a dropoff to a small valley 3 feet directly in front of the end of the teebox, where there is a valley and then a 15' ridge before another drop and then the final hill up to the hole. After a minute or so of waiting, we hear some rustling and notice our friend's head peeking right over the edge of the teebox. He's there for another minute or so and then disappears. He then appears back around near the tee sign area, having taken some unnecessarily long route and we have to point out to him that he essentially popped a squat two paces from where we would be driving in a few seconds.

No one wanted to slip off the front of the tee into that little valley, so the hole played about five feet longer that day.

At Pier Park OR we were on the 5th tee, which is about 20 ft. above and 80 ft. away from the 4th hole, and hidden by laurels from the hole. We heard some women's voices giggling on the 4th fairway, and looked down to see two young women dressed in knee-length fur coats, fur hats, high heels and fancy handbags, throwing disc. As we watched, one of them made a 30 ft. putt for par. As hole #5 climbed steeply, they skipped to #7 and soon left the course.

At Pier Park OR we were on the 5th tee, which is about 20 ft. above and 80 ft. away from the 4th hole, and hidden by laurels from the hole. We heard some women's voices giggling on the 4th fairway, and looked down to see two young women dressed in knee-length fur coats, fur hats, high heels and fancy handbags, throwing disc. As we watched, one of them made a 30 ft. putt for par. As hole #5 climbed steeply, they skipped to #7 and soon left the course.

I wish something awesome like that happened when I played there a year ago. :(

A lil' story from our round today. My tee shot on #13 Pueblo City Park nicks the tree and proceeds to shoot straight up. It then gently lands on the top of the world's biggest branch, about 3 feet around. This is the hole with the 3 tiered wall, so my disc is now sitting at least 40' up in this tree with no way of climbing it and it can barely been seen from the ground. We gather rocks and alternate between letting groups play through and trying for the disc. We had numerous people try to help. All attempts fail for what seems like forever. Then out of nowhere a guy on a bike with two dogs and no shoes pulls up. He gets a tennis ball from his dogs' mouth and proceeds to knock the disc down first try! We thank him and chat a bit, then carry on.
We then come to the stairs on #17 and see two guys and a very dolled up woman in a very short skirt and high heels taking photos in the staircase. As we pass by she is very clearly returning clothes to her person. I give a thumbs up and we carry on once again.
More stories to come I'm sure now that the weather is warming up.

The intestines of a small animal. No joke my beast landed two feet from them on hole 6 at harbin park

Today I played Keesler AFB course in MS for the second time. In Jan. when I played, #1, #9 and the tee to #2 were fenced off for parking lot construction. Today #2 was playable, and the basket for #1 and tee #9 were outside the fence. 10 ft. behind #1 basket[220 ft.], directly in line with #1 tee, is a picnic table. :doh:
The marine center on base rents and sells discs. The rental discs were 79 gm. "Made in China" specials that had PetSmart, Ace Hardware and AT&T on them. :sick: The discs for sale were 2 S Katanas, 2 S Vulcans, 1 S Starfire, 1 Champ Boss, 1 Champ Ape, 1 Champ Monarch, 1 DD2 Frenzy, and a Glow Teebird.
There is 1 hole on the course over 300'. The average is just over 250'.

I bought the Glow Teebird. It was $8. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Aliens, man, aliens...
ancient-aliens-it-was-aliens.jpg

we found a snake in the basket on hole 9 at Falling Creek park in Bedford, VA. I guess the snake tried to get out of the snow and warm itself, but froze to death.

It wasn't disastrous enough for pics to be needed.

Was pivoting and I'm not really sure what happened, just slipped and slammed down, hands sting a bit still but at least i caught myself, could of smashed my beautiful face on the teepad.

One time I stepped off the pad after a drive. There's about a 6" drop off. The next thing I knew I was sitting down with my back against the right edge of the teepad. Biggest WTF moment I've had on the course.

I have heard the story of finding some people on course using a basket to cook chickens!! Fire in the basket, chicken in the chains!!

I was playing Edgebrooke in Chicago a few years back. One of the tees had about a two foot drop to a downhill slope in front of it. And, you guessed it, over I went! I ended up doing two somersaults (over broken glass!) and stopped in a sitting postion. I was laughing so hard, Kyle and my dad came running up asking if I was OK cause they thought I was crying. The only real bummer was that it wasn't caught on video.

funny........Played a tournament where a kid 16 or 17 I think (supposedly hurt his lower back/a@@) and his mom was with him........and he said verbatim "Mom Biofreeze now!".......and she proceeded to rub bio freeze on his boo boo......(If I did that I'd have to kick my own a@@.)

I won't name him here, but if he is out there he owes me a big thank you cuz I could have let that out to all his buddy's.......

I might've played with him before, because...
Heard on course during a tourney, "Mom, could you smack me in the ass? I'm putting like s**t."

Two trees fell during a tournament because of excessively high winds that day. It was a temp course, and the portable baskets kept falling over. It almost got to the point where one of us had to hold the basket upright for the other to putt.. ..

The course was miles from the airport:
The link below is actual footage of an airplane trying to land that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Fvo2XpiSc

6953750259_7219317231_z.jpg

@ Twila-Reid on 3/3/12. A wedding party posing for pictures was chilling about 8 feet away from hole 9's basket. It would have been appropriate if the couple appeared to have been disc golfers, however, they had no idea what was going on around them, nor were they purposely posing around the basket. Thus, play it as it lies...