• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

had two older guys join my friend and i. walking up to my disc i turn around to make sure i wasn't walking in his line. dude was squatting down in the fairway pissing out the leg of his shorts. f'n freak

i was definitely not expecting this. and it completely made my day!
(to be clear, i'm talking about his post that made me laugh. i wasn't there, i didn't see it, and a guy pissing out of his shorts leg didn't make my day. that would be weird).

So I go to college in a very sketchy part of Houston so the course that is nearest is sketchy as well. So this guy comes up to me with a towel around his neck holding a bucket filled with water and said "Can I wash your car?"

I said no, and he then said "Well can I watch you?" I said sure and teed off on a not so hard hole and got it within 15 feet, the guy walked away laughing and said "A real ni*** would have made that."

So I go to college in a very sketchy part of Houston so the course that is nearest is sketchy as well. So this guy comes up to me with a towel around his neck holding a bucket filled with water and said "Can I wash your car?"

I said no, and he then said "Well can I watch you?" I said sure and teed off on a not so hard hole and got it within 15 feet, the guy walked away laughing and said "A real ni*** would have made that."
MacGregor Park?

Hole 4 at Z Boaz. It's a 755ft hole along the side of a busy street.... This dude tee'd off with a roller throw he aimed it at the street.... It rolled down the street and hopped back up the curb near the basket. I was confused, and so mystified... Is that even legal? I was shocked that a car didn't hit it...

A couple months ago I was playing Tyler with my girlfriends brothers and pops and a couple other people...Throughout the day we had let a couple groups play through (we were in no rush)...Some where around hole 8 we noticed two kids hanging back from our pack not really knowing how to approach us to let them play on, after a akward minute one of us told them that they could go ahead..to our amazement no more than 5 seconds after telling them to play on the leader of the duo sprinted up to the tee box with his buddy close on his heals and hucked a hammer as hard as he could not missing a beat he followed through and continued to sprint after his disc (might have had the heaviest foot ive ever heard) His buddy did the same thing with a little less enthusiam...none of us knew what to say...we played on and actually ran into a couple other groups that had witnessed the magic...funny enough we caught up to the kids on 16 (we were on 15) looking a disc coming up to the tee on 16 we expected to run into them still looking nope we never saw them again....

I've been playing for more than nine years now, and tonight had to be a first.

Three young Amish women, complete with bonnets, playing disc golf. I kid you not.

That's hillarious! I just saw the same thing a couple weeks ago, I had to take pictures! I'll upload 'em later if I remember.

Playing the Minnesota Majestic this year, were in the final round at Hyland Ski Resort. I can't recall what hole, but it was an uphill shot about 450'. I throw my first drive, and then my second drive and if anyone has played here, you know there are always people exercising(running/walking up and down the hills) You'd think for an A-Tier, the park would be closed to disc golfers only, but it wasn't.

As I was walking up to my second shot, there were two women exercising, walking down the hill. One of the women picks up my disc and looks around as if she wanted to return it to the owner, and I yell to her "DON'T TOUCH THE DISC!!!" since we were in tournament play. I don't think she heard me because she proceeds to attempt to "throw" it to me. Needless to say, after her awful throw of about 40 feet, the disc stands up and rolls another hundred feet down the hill. I then have to walk back down the hill to retrieve it and place it back in the original spot as close as my card could tell.

As I'm walking back up with my disc the woman says to me in a snotty voice "were trying to walk here!" And I respond with, "this is a tournament that is held every year, we all need to share the park!" My whole problem is that the disc didn't come close to hitting her, the disc was on the ground as she walked up to it and she took it upon herself to "return" it to me.

^^^ That's weird. Everyone that I've ran into that has been exercising has been really nice. She was probably from the SW metro, where 90% of the people there are rich stuck up snobs.

I agree, the other people we encountered were courteous and seemed nice, I'm not sure if this lady felt stupid and felt the need to defend herself but I was quite upset after watching her awful attempt at throwing it and then watching it stand up and roll past me another 100 feet down the steep hill(which I was already tired from walking up, to have to walk back down and then back up to my original lie)

Streator IL.. Saw people larping? Live action role play.. Like from the movie role models.. they were beating the **** out of eachother with foam swords..

Pens?

attachment.php

Hundreds of pens scattered around hole 9 at Pioneer @ Rodeo in Ft. Madison, IA. The pic shows about a dozen pens in pieces, this continued for the entire length of the fairway, WTF?

Attachments

• 2012-09-29_18-04-52_562.jpg
    2012-09-29_18-04-52_562.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 374
Finally got out and played a round. When we started there where 2 guys flying airplanes, we watched in amazement for a few minutes and continued are round. We close to finishing and back in the area where the airplanes where. Instead of flying airplanes it was two men swinging and throwing a grappling hook into a tree. One of them managed to get the plane stuck 100 feet up in the tree. They where still there 40 minutes later when we left. Felt bad because there was no way that they where going to reach it.