• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Garrett Gurthie is a beast!!!

diskhead

Par Member
http://www.usdgc.com/10/09/koling-wins-distance-exhibition

USDGC staffer Justin Alderman surveyed the distances from the Pro Shop two years go along with the rest of the course with satellite scanning technology. He said the shortest section to clear the lake is 510 feet while it takes a 630-foot shoot to clear the road.

One of the highlights of the exhibition was when long-bomber Garrett Gurthie of Florida, threw a drive left-handed (his opposite) in memory of lefty Craig Leyva, who passed away this year.
Gurthie then proceeded to clear the lake with a Roc followed by a Putter (with his right hand).

A PUTTER!!!!!???

grandma-scared.gif

does anyone have video footage of this? Throwing a putter over 500ft seems humanly impossible

I was about 10 feet behind Double G when this happened. It was unreal watching that thing fly across the lake knowing how far it was and that it was a putter.

Beyond his insane talent, Garrett is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Still impressive but the 25 ft elevation drop across the lake makes the effective length maybe 75 feet shorter than the laser distance.

Disc Golf planet was filming the distance. Whether they got that or not I dont know...it was right at the end of the thing.

Wiggins can bomb but no one has more "golf distance" that Garrett.

I asked about this in the USDGC thread and the answer was that it's on the disc golf planet tv video. Though I haven't looked for myself.

There's video of it. He does it right at the end of the distance showcase which was shown on dgplanet. You can tell when he does it because the crowd just erupts when he does it. If the footage of the final round is still up on the website, you can watch it.

when I go to dgplanet i see 4 videos. Round 2a, 2b, 3, and round 4. Is it on any of those videos?

does anyone know what kind of putter it was?

It was an Aviar, I'm not sure which variety.

I was on the balcony of the clubhouse watching, was pretty incredible. After he cleared the lake with a Roc, everyone started calling for an Aviar shot. It was very close, to the edge, but did manage to stay dry.

Cool I finally just saw it. It starts right before the 4:49:00 mark on the Round 4 video. Right before GG rips that aviar, Big Jerm throws a huge flick like 550+ easily sailing the water. Hes forehand is very nice to watch.

Big Jerm also does a 360 forehand flick which I've never seen before

Last edited:

Latest posts