• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gateway Mini Backpack

Qikly

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I assume this is a new product - current facebook special has it for $80 shipped with 4 free discs. Pretty sweet deal.

Anyone thinking of getting this? I'd love to hear reviews. I think it's a great move to fill a niche (cheap, smaller backpack).

it isn't a new product, but a lot of people haven't really heard of gateway's bags. This backpacks looks pretty solid though.

I need to search for a couple of reviews of it, but I like the look of it. Add in the Grape Erasers that are now back in stock and a new backpack and 4 putters sounds nice. Throw in that mid range and drive 5 for 39 deal and that's 120 for 9 new discs and a backpack. I wish I wasn't between jobs right now. Even tho I've had my heart set on getting a Voodoo Karma, I would consider that setup.

I am on my second Gateway bag in the last 15 years or so. Not a backpack, just the regular tournament bag, but I can not say enough about the quality of this product. It is nearly indestructable. My buddy is now retiring one because one of the side pockets ripped at the strap junction. But he carries a bit of beer in it most of the time. He has had is for more than a handful of years as well.

Nice to get a vote of confidence on the quality. I just started phasing the only Gateway mold I threw out of my bag (Voodoos), but I still love Gateway as a company, and would love to continue supporting them. If I didn't love the Vibram rubber for putters so much I might just try a Wizard - I love all the options available for them (was always jealous of that as a Voodoo user).

Anyone know how much Gateway sells their player bag? I could only find one price, $100 at discfly.com, which seems a bit high to me. Tour bag is ~$110-$120, correct?

I'm pretty sure quality will be very good. It says they use 1200 x 1200 denier, which, if I remember correctly, is above what OGIO (Dynamic Disc) uses for their bags (I'm not saying DD bag are bad btw).

the gds bags i've eyeballed always impress me on their heavy duty construction. i hear they are a bit heavier than competitor's bags, but that is a fair trade off.

I know everyone and their mother has come out with a backpack, but c'mon!
Who the heck needs a backpack for their minis? :wall:

:rolleyes: :p

Last edited:
Gateway bags are very underrated. I've been playing for close to 13 years now. The longest lasting bags I've had have been Gateway. My Tour bag lasted me close to 6 years. Then I tried a revo/innova/back to a revo/DIY backp. The revo's didn't last too long for me....not very comfortable in my opinion...and a bit overpriced. I highly recommend gateway products to any player that asks. And as a matter of fact, today I received my new GDS Backpack(Not the mini). My new backpack will probably be the last bag I buy for dg as they seem to last for quite some time.

Very cool.

I'd still like to hear some prices on their player's bag, as that's the one that would be the logical upgrade from my Fade Crunch.

Edit: Nevermind, found it on MSt. Little pricier than I hoped - for that price, I'd probably just get a Mojo.

Last edited:
I'm close to pulling the trigger on this deal.........Can't find much info about the mini backpack, but I like what I see so far.

I'm really interested in this, still trying to find any sort of review from someone who owns one

The 4 discs thrown in is really cool, get me some wizards and magics

Latest posts