• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting back into the game

Hey Nate, glad to get an update since talking last year and hear you are actually throwing! Are you doing any PT and cleared to play by the quacks?

Good to hear you're on the road to recovery!! As I'm sure you already know, patience will be your best friend, as well as your worst enemy. :p

I didn't see any mention of physical therapy... If you're not already doing PT, I would HIGHLY recommend that you start with that rather than trying to rehab through DG. Especially if you're lacking the confidence to attack the game like you would normally. If you find you're over compensating and/or tweaking your form to compensate for your injuries, you could be potentially compromising your body mechanics, which could lead to further issues down the road. Try to find and enroll in some sort of PT program that will focus on helping rebuild your core strength and that will monitor your progress to provide active feedback when they see you compensating for your injuries.

Stay patient and try to take some of your passion for disc golf and put it toward rehab. The sooner you start feeling better and more confident, the sooner you'll find your way back to your game. Good luck!

Sage advice. :hfive:
I haven't done any physical therapy, although I guess I probably should? Funny story, shortly before my car crash I had actually fallen down the stairs and hurt my foot really badly. So I was on crutches for a bit and then a walking cast thingy, and the doctor suggested I go to physical therapy for that. However, I ended up wrecking my car right before I was scheduled to go to physical therapy. So it's been quite an ordeal. I have been meaning to start exercising but I just haven't found time to go to the gym.

Glad to hear you're back on the road to recovery! Take this time to really slow down, re learn and fix whatever flaws you've had in your form before. I often think of restarting just because of bad habits I've picked up but unfortunately it's never that easy. Keep us updated!

Also Opeth! My favorite band. Literally enjoy every single record of theirs. ����
Yea man I love Opeth! Did you see they announced a tour? The nearest to me they are coming is Akron. I have to see them, I always go see them. They usually come to Columbus. Mikael Akerfeldt is a guitar hero.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the kind words. It's been a slow process and I'm just trying to get back to normal. Remember, the Chinese word for crisis also means opportunity- crisitunity! Hoping to come out a more consistent disc golfer :D

What would be a good lightweight disc I could use for a distance driver?

I have been wanting to check out the MVP lightweight discs, so I am leaning that direction. Although I am open to trying pretty much anything.

1) Wow, you poor bastard.
2) Glad a you're back.
3) I like 150 D Cranks for lightweight D drivers... they get beat up kinda quickly, but very hyzer flippable.
Pretty sure you can find Tee Birds, Valks, and Leos under 160g in Champ and Star.

I've gotten better results from "regular" discs in lighter weights vs Blizzard, Air, Star-Lite and Z-Lite discs.
Maybe it's all in my head, but I that's what works for me.

1) Wow, you poor bastard.
2) Glad a you're back.
3) I like 150 D Cranks for lightweight D drivers... they get beat up kinda quickly, but very hyzer flippable.
Pretty sure you can find Tee Birds, Valks, and Leos under 160g in Champ and Star.

I've gotten better results from "regular" discs in lighter weights vs Blizzard, Air, Star-Lite and Z-Lite discs.
Maybe it's all in my head, but I that's what works for me.
Haha thanks :D I appreciate it!

Actually, I'm pretty sure Champ and Star plastic don't go that low in weight. I tried really hard to find a TB that was under 170 but there aren't many of them. Well, looking at their website it says they come 150-175g but I sure have never seen anything under 171.

Haha thanks :D I appreciate it!

Actually, I'm pretty sure Champ and Star plastic don't go that low in weight. I tried really hard to find a TB that was under 170 but there aren't many of them. Well, looking at their website it says they come 150-175g but I sure have never seen anything under 171.

Disc Golf Center, Hyzer Farm and Marshall St all have Teebirds in Champ and Star in stock right now between 150-158g, plus GGGT selling them on Ebay. I'm always looking because thats the weight I throw. Most local stores don't stock them so I am always keeping an eye out

And 150 class DX Teebirds go far especially with a smooth throw.

Best of luck with your recovery and take it easy as you get back into it.

Latest posts