• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting back into the game

hangejj

Hello all,
I'm recently getting back into the game. Took an unexpected break due to family growing, busy with work etc. and really want to get back into playing.

As I'm going through my bag and all the discs I had from playing years back, I have noticed I have a lot of Distance Drivers.

Any opinions about people getting back into the game and using distance drivers? Right now my bag is setup to the strongest disc being a fairway driver; ie an Eagle and a TL.

I quit playing when my son was young and I didn't have a lot of spare time, plus multiple kidney stones and a shoulder problem, then a recent bout of tendonitis in my throwing arm. I'm aiming to get back in myself and I'm generally planning speed 7 as my top end, but already have some 9s picked out for when I can get arm speed back up where it needs to be. I'm going to do some field work to figure out which discs to keep that are similar and which to let go of. Trade them in for a few discs I want to add.

What are you looking at for your bag and discs currently?

First time poster who is in the same boat as OP.
I have been playing again for a few weeks now and realized I didn't have the arm I used to have. My mid range discs were getting the same distance as my distance drivers. I would start with mids and up to speed 9/10 fairway drivers first for a few hundred throws. After that start trying a few DD's just to see where your progress lies. Do not fret, it will come back. I am just now starting to get my old form back and had one or two good throws from my DD. I still have better success with Fairway Drivers and faster mids.

I'm back also… been six years since I have logged in or posted. Revisited my stash of discs and realized I couldn't throw the same stuff with same results also. I have close to 100 discs from first efforts and progressions in the game so was able to find stuff that worked for me. Found it difficult to replace some lost discs from shortages . No whippets or stingrays to be found. Put my zone in the lake and took a while to find some of the base plastic zones. Took most of the summer to gravitate to most of the old favorites. A tick slower an more under stable seems to be the answer for me . Also a touch shorter in max distance over all. Was never a bomber any way. Fun to rediscover the game. And find I can still match my best scores .

Latest posts