• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting bagged

Dr.Disc

Eagle Member
So I played in a doubles tourney saturday in the intermediate divison collectively me and my partner shot a 68 from blues and a 66 from reds at west city park in festus mo which put us in 4th place which would be no big deal however first place in our division was won with a 61 blue and 59 red score for a total of 120 which was 3 strokes lower than the best advanced score that day needless to say a lot of people where pissed they were only like 3 strokes grom first in open I have never seen them before but was told there both normally open players so after killing are divison and then out driving every one in our divisons long drive comp by 100 feet plus for even more plastic they seemed to enjoy being called baggers by everyone it really got under my skin enough to the point I wanted to punch them in the face which is odd for me to want to bring violence to a tourney but they genuinely seem ed to enjoy being called sand baggers so has anyone else ever been bagged to the point they wanna kick someones ass ?

punctuation is your friend

Lol this is twice now you have pointed this out to me sir, yet again I'am sorry. Im using a mobile phone to post with and im still trying to get the touch screen down with my fat fingers, so after backspacing a hundred times proper punctuation is the last thing on my mind. I will try to be more punctual in the future. On a sidenote are you my highschool english teacher coming back to haunt me.

I thought the lack of periods and commas effectively portrayed the emotional tone of the moment, just as if I were hearing it in person.

it really got under my skin enough to the point I wanted to punch them in the face which is odd for me to want to bring violence to a tourney but they genuinely seem ed to enjoy being called sand baggers so has anyone else ever been bagged to the point they wanna kick someones ass ?

Anger management, son.

If they are able to out drive everyone by 100'... that could be all the difference in the world at West City Park. Maybe they aren't that good all-around players (mediocre to poor putting, for instance), but the extra D is the main reason for the low scores.

I mean, good god, that course is a bomber's paradise.

Was it sanctioned? Did the dudes play their rating(934 and below)? They are only bagging if they are playing in a division they are rated too high to play in? Sounds to me like you are just mad that on that day these dude's best was better than your best. It happens ... move on.

okay that is kinda weak. esp if they out drove all the open players.

Thanks for the great group grammer smackdown......thought curveball covered that. No the tourney wasnt a pdga sanctioned event it was hosted by a local club. However out of 34 teams so 68 players I still find it odd that with 4 divisions the third best score was in the second lowest division. Most of the doubles teams were comprised of great players from the st.louis club many who are 900+ players. I would not really be upset except that they seemed to enjoy being told they were bagging. As far as the extra 100+ feet in the long drive comp to throw almost 600 measured feet not internet feet into a 15 mile per hour headwind and call yourself intermediate is a joke.

It's a 8,000' course from the shorts... Maybe they aren't rated that highly because they can't putt for **** or hit a line in the woods.

It's a 8,000' course from the shorts... Maybe they aren't rated that highly because they can't putt for **** or hit a line in the woods.

True enough, however they play open in the larger st.louis events or so I was told I just dont get why not play open here or even advanced if your unsure it just seems shadey I couldve played rec and won by 6 or 7, but that wouldnt be right.

Yes, they are sandbaggers. Unless you want to get physical, there's not much you can do about it but call them on it. Every time you see them. For the rest of your life. Literally.

x2

:clap::clap:

I couldn't get through it the first time; I passed out trying to read it in one breath.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the English class here on good ol' DGCR.
:thmbup:

We should rename the thread.

Yes, they are sandbaggers. Unless you want to get physical, there's not much you can do about it but call them on it. Every time you see them. For the rest of your life. Literally.

Thats the plan......or maybe just set there bags on fire...yes I said fire:D

Ah, open players? Yikes. Disc golf dbaggery at it's finest.

The same kind of thing happened at my last doubles tourney; advanced players in the rec division. I won't be going next year.

Latest posts