• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting bagged

Thank You

They you very much. Proud to be a part of this website. Last couple sentences need some minor editing.

Johnny

Last edited:
They you very much. I think it needs some editing in the last couple paragraphs. Having some problems figuring how how to do that.

Johnny

It's been over 5 minutes, you're screwed. Unless it's some glaring issue with your post and you can ask a mod to change it. Some grammatical issues will just pull out the grammar nazis, F 'em.

First time I have ever posted anything on this site. So sorry if there is an editing issue with the quote but anyways...

To begin this off, my name is John Lynn and my PDGA rating is 901. My StL club rating is 8.81. My buddy Pat that played with me, I won't give out his last name, but his PDGA rating is 886 and his StL rating is 8.62. I played in the intermediate division in the StL Open, which is the prime tournament for the StL area. I did not cash out in the tournament. My buddy, Pat, played rec and I think he took in the top 3 or 5.

Secondly, I have never played in the open division for any event, and my buddy, Pat, has never played in the open divison as well. Furthermore, I think the longest I've ever thrown a disc on flat ground is 475 ft, tops. Pat's longest drive is probably within +/- 15 ft of that. Yeah, I think we have all thrown discs 600+ ft at Sioux Passage throwing down the hill on 13. Also, neither one of us won the long drive competition. In fact, I threw a Champ Blizzard Ape. It went about ~275 ft before it flipped over and rolled backwards about ~15 ft. And, there was only 1 winner, so it was factually impossible for both of us to win the long drive competition. Therefore, we did not win extra plastic. In fact, we won $90 a piece and we donated a total of $6 back to the JCS Club. And if anyone was wondering, we paid $10 on 50/50 and lost.

Fortunately, Pat and myself probably should have signed up in the advanced division, and yes, we recognize that. However, based upon rating and recent performances, we as a team, felt as if the intermediate division was the necessary division for us to play in. That was also the first time that Pat and myself had been partners together in a doubles event. We ended up starting on a relatively short hole and made a 2 (I can't exactly remeber what hole we started on, that was only my second time playing at this course):wall:. Followed that up with a 2, 3 , 2. After that, things just clicked and we played partner golf. That was also the first time that either one of us had drank 15+ plus beers in a single event. We are hockey players, we like to drink.

So put yourself in our position. You and your partner's rank is within the intermediate range. You get hammered drunk, shoot lights out, and people get upset. To us, we fed on it and performed well in the second round and continued getting hammered. Frankly, you could have called us anything you wanted to at the time and not have gave a s***. This event was supossed to be a for fun event.

So, please don't light my bag, or Pat's bag on fire. Instead, there is other stuff we can light to help cool your jets bro. Afterall, it's just a game my friend.

Peace out to all,

Johnny Lynn

:clap::popcorn::thmbup:

Love it. :thmbup:

One Major Correction

Thank you my friends :). We won a total of $90. Had we played in the advanced division, I think we would have won a total of about $140. The TD of the tournament was a great guy. I shot the breeze with him several times throughout the event. I actually spotted the club some ice before the event started. Anyways, I just wanted to quickly reitterate the fact that we won a total of $90, not $90 a piece, which was stated in the original post.

Thanks,

Johnny

Last edited:
First time I have ever posted anything on this site. So sorry if there is an editing issue with the quote but anyways...

To begin this off, my name is John Lynn and my PDGA rating is 901. My StL club rating is 8.81. My buddy Pat that played with me, I won't give out his last name, but his PDGA rating is 886 and his StL rating is 8.62. I played in the intermediate division in the StL Open, which is the prime tournament for the StL area. I did not cash out in the tournament. My buddy, Pat, played rec and I think he took in the top 3 or 5.

Secondly, I have never played in the open division for any event, and my buddy, Pat, has never played in the open divison as well. Furthermore, I think the longest I've ever thrown a disc on flat ground is 475 ft, tops. Pat's longest drive is probably within +/- 15 ft of that. Yeah, I think we have all thrown discs 600+ ft at Sioux Passage throwing down the hill on 13. Also, neither one of us won the long drive competition. In fact, I threw a Champ Blizzard Ape. It went about ~275 ft before it flipped over and rolled backwards about ~15 ft. And, there was only 1 winner, so it was factually impossible for both of us to win the long drive competition. Therefore, we did not win extra plastic. In fact, we won $90 a piece and we donated a total of $6 back to the JCS Club:clap:. And if anyone was wondering, we paid $10 on 50/50 and lost.

Fortunately, Pat and myself probably should have signed up in the advanced division, and yes, we recognize that. However, based upon rating and recent performances, we as a team, felt as if the intermediate division was the necessary division for us to play in. That was also the first time that Pat and myself had been partners together in a doubles event. We ended up starting on a relatively short hole and made a 2 (I can't exactly remeber what hole we started on, that was only my second time playing at this course):wall:. Followed that up with a 2, 3 , 2. After that, things just clicked and we played partner golf. That was also the first time that either one of us had drank 15+ plus beers in a single event. We are hockey players, we like to drink.

So put yourself in our position. You and your partner's rank is within the intermediate range. You get hammered drunk, shoot lights out, and people get upset. To us, we fed on it and performed well in the second round and continued getting hammered. Frankly, you could have called us anything you wanted to at the time and not have gave a s***. This event was supossed to be a for fun event.

So, please don't light my bag, or Pat's bag on fire. Instead, there is other stuff we can light to help cool your jets bro. Afterall, it's just a game my friend.

Peace out to all,

Johnny Lynn

:clap::popcorn::thmbup:

Is there a first post hall of fame? Simply epic!

Stuff like this happens all the time. This is why were not pros.....inconsistency. I can go to a course and feel great one day and shoot 5 under, then go out the next day (maybe a little tired from work or whatever) and shoot 5 over. If 2 guys click in doubles and are feeling good they can kill it. Doesn't mean they are baggers. You are ok to question it though because bagging is something that unfortunately happens.

Stuff like this happens all the time. This is why were not pros.....inconsistency. I can go to a course and feel great one day and shoot 5 under, then go out the next day (maybe a little tired from work or whatever) and shoot 5 over. If 2 guys click in doubles and are feeling good they can kill it. Doesn't mean they are baggers. You are ok to question it though because bagging is something that unfortunately happens.

I agree. I'm GM aged, so some days I don't play very well at all. Some days I feel great and can play under par anywhere. I never know until about the third hole on what kind of day it's going to be. The older I get, the less good days... :\

Good response to the OP, by the way.

I did not go to Michigan State Championship this week. I play Am 3. The top two players in the division are not PDGA members. The top player after the first day had a 948, and a 990 rated round. Now some people have a good round, and some people are just baggin.

Lol, most people who get called bagger, LOVE IT. It means you cant beat them, and you have gone low enough to try and insult them. If you don't want to play as against "baggers", you have 3 options: play pro, play A tiers or dont play

I got called a bagger when I won a rec tourney despite my 815 rating at the time so I moved up. Now Im being called a bagger even though my rating was below 900 till this last update.

Honestly it makes me feel pretty good to hear it cause it means Im improving

Thats the plan......or maybe just set there bags on fire...yes I said fire:D

There (location) are "their"(possessive) bags. I'm a Victorian Lit major, so unfortunately i do wince at the grammar on these boards . Then again, nitpicking is a di*k thing to do. I enjoy the forum too much to bring it down on technicalities. Carry on!

I did not go to Michigan State Championship this week. I play Am 3. The top two players in the division are not PDGA members. The top player after the first day had a 948, and a 990 rated round. Now some people have a good round, and some people are just baggin.

The guy who won am3 won by 10 strokes, and not a PDGA member. I looked at his DGScene page and it looks like he's had a 1000 rated round. I hate the word bagger because most of the time it is just a good round, but this is just ridiculous.

I thought the lack of periods and commas effectively portrayed the emotional tone of the moment, just as if I were hearing it in person.

This was my take as well. I found it rather emotional and really completed the cheese I was eating at the time I read it.

Latest posts