• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow discs for everyday use?

Glo Z Buzzz and LE Z Glo Zone in the bag currently. A Glow Champ Leo and a Glow Champ Teebird used to be two of my most reliable discs. I putt with VooDoos and picked up a Superglow a while ago; now that I have pulled it out and re-felt it, that plastic sure is nice....

i have a glow lightning putter that is my main putter. feels sticky so i always think it will stick to the chains.

Sounds like the consensus is no compunction with throwing glows regularly.

I just picked up my first glow disc myself, a glow Voodoo, on the marketplace. Love the feel: it's amazingly grippy, and firm enough to get a good drive with as opposed to my SSS Voodoos. I can certainly see myself making a habit of picking up glow Voodoos at the very least. Hope to snag a glow Comet one day, too.

Edit: I was curious about glow life wearing down if one uses glows more regularly. I've seen a few comments on that, but any more?

I've never thrown a night glow round in my life, but I've owned several glow discs. Discraft glows tend to be more stable (as are some innova ones) and I like the feel of DX or base plastic mixed with the glow additive.

Oh you should. Night golf is the best golf. I have a full bag of Glows. A Z Nuke, Champ F2 Monarch, Champ F2 Firebird, *CFR Gentlemen's Challenge Eagle X, *CFR Champ Teebird, *CFR Champ Leopard, DX Beast, Z Stalker, Z Buzzz, Eclipse Axis, Eclipse Ion, Eclipse Anode, 2 Glow SS Wizards. We try to play a glow round at least every other week so far all winter long. A bag lined with battery operated UV LEDs, a big ol' LED mag light, and a $5 UV Ebay flashlight means we lose nothing (except to water).
*= being shipped to me as of right now.

I carry a Champ Glo Teebird that is much flatter than all my other regular Champ Teebirds. Its also a touch more stable and they take forever to beat in. I also carry DX Glow Aviars because I love the feel of plastic which seems a little softer and tackier compared to regular DX. Love me some glow discs and I never play glow golf.

Lots of folks use glow this or that as their regular discs because glow plastic often seems to have different stability than other plastics - typically greater stability if I'm not mistaken (but I'm sure ther are exceptions to that). Regardless of whether they're more or less stable, some just like the way a certain mold works for them in glow plastic.

I use glow discs for everyday use, I love the way the look dyed. I also put lights on them for night DG, most don't stay glowing long anymore.

In the bag:

Glow champ Teebird
Glow Z Buzzz
Glow Evo Wizard
Glow Champ Banshee

I have had a glo z buzzz ss in the bag for over 2 years (It's one of my favorite discs) and I am just now putting a glo buzzz in the bag.

I prefer to throw Eclipse (Glow) Axes over the Proton or Neutron, so there's always one in my bag. I've also been rolling with a glow Voodoo and flashlight lately when I know that there's a chance it'll get dark before I finish my round. One glow Voodoo is super buttery feeling, velvety and tacky. The other one I carry is pretty stiff and slick.

Thanks for all the input! I am looking forward to trying out the glow E Wizard and Glow buzzz. I just love the feel of these discs.

Latest posts