• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good small cities for disc golf

Yadkinville, NC population less than 3,000! Two courses (very nice), one private and one public with both being challenging and great people to play with! About 45 min from Boone, NC and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Oh, did I mention both courses will kick your butt?

How about Asheville, NC.....

1 course in town. 4 courses within 20 minutes of town. many courses within an hour.

Great culture and dining in town, and all of the outdoor activities that you could want. Asheville has some of the best hiking, mountainbiking, flyfishing, rock climbing, and kayaking of anywhere in the country. and the best part...it's all close to town.

It seems like a perfect place to me....but then again I might be biased.

Matt

Just a little insight into the NC scene. I live in Raleigh. There are no less than 7 public courses within 45 minutes of my house. There are numerous private courses in that same range, enough that they have their own summertime "league". If you want to drive an hour or two, you can easily double those numbers. The further west you go, the more courses available, there are less on the coast. Expect most courses to feature tight, wooded holes....usually under 400ft. There are open courses, bu those are few and far between.

Grand Junction, CO has a population of 41986
We have 2 courses and Machette in Grand Junction and Riverbend Park, which is in Palisade and is Fantastic!!! but that's only a ten minute tops drive to the east. We have a TON of hiking, biking and fishing here, and the Grand Valley is a huge Wine Country. We have a ton of wineries. So if you like Wine you can tour the wineries and get loaded up on wine and mead :) Also we are about 50 minutes from Moab.
We also have a few 9 hole courses as well.

roadkill said:
mikesolt said:
Allentown, Pennsylvania

7-8 courses within 1/2 hr...home of the 2005 Worlds. Major airport, right off PA Turnpike, and home of www.dorneypark.com and yea..just alot to do there!

m

Mike,

I agree with your sentiment. Little Lehigh is amazing. Jordan Creek also fantastic and as you pointed out there are other attractions as well. If Domromer is strict on his criteria of <100,000 population A-town is inelgible. According to this http://allentown.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm it boasts a poulation of 106k.

Within an hour of Allentown you have at least a dozen courses! Not to mention Nocamixon, which many of the pros at 05worlds including Climo said was their favorite and most challanging course!
this hour drive from allentown also includes Sedgley Woods, the east coast's first course and the US's 2nd course established!

huntsville alabama! a great place to raise a family! i get comission for everyone i bring here...

I would agree with Tulsa. not sure on the pop., but there are about 15 courses in the metro and there used to be a mini every night. all the couses are fun too. another would be Norman, ok. 3 courses and 7 more within an hour drive, including one on a ball golf course. The university of ok is here. there are lakes a zoo and my uncle has the best bbq joint EVER right outside of town. another good town is sprinfield, mo. 3 great courses and some times russ burns, the disc golf monkey, has a private couse set up that is a par 60 and is phenomenal. plus there is a course set up about 30 minute away set up at a YMCA that is fun.

If you don't mind going up to a population of 200k, I have 31 courses within 60 miles of my zip code in the Des Moines metro according to the PDGA website.

Sinnissippi park in Sterling, Illinois is a nice course

Population 15K...really that what makes it great; low traffic on course

Latest posts