• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Goodbye to the Teerex?

From what i was told by people in the know and sponsored players. The original teerex and wraith were far to similar and some batches of teerex's ended up with a nearly identical to the wraith. Shortly after the fundraiser teerex-x made a appearance. Then came the wraith-x witch was essentially a teerex.

If you actually look at the numbers wraith 11/5/-1/3 vs teerex 11/4/0/4. so if the teerex goes OOP it would not be detrimental. That and innovas proshop store could still make a batch every so often.

I could be wrong but the teerex is virtually replaceable by the xcal. And how many professionals still have a teerex in their bag? How many people even use a teerex anymore?

There's four Teerex configurations, though only one should be in production currently.

First run Tee-Rex. Got retooled and dubbed "original mold Tee-Rex" which sucked and was borderline understable. TeeRex-X came out for CFR originally and was the "extra overstable" one. The TeeRex-X has since been retooled and that is what would be current production. Current TeeRex-X flies similar to the original blunt nose first run.

Get either the faster Xcal which I carry, or slower Firebird. **** the 'Rex.

This brings up an interesting topic. When a mold you like goes oop, what do you do?

How many do you need for a 20 year supply.

I could be wrong but the teerex is virtually replaceable by the xcal. And how many professionals still have a teerex in their bag? How many people even use a teerex anymore?

Your 100% correct. It was a phenomenal mold when it was being used as the OS bookend to everyone's wraiths, which is exactly
what I used it for.

Now that the wraith has been mostly outclassed as a go to driver the teerex is pretty pointless. No reason not to use a xcals/pd2/force/d1 et all type disc instead

I've yet to find a disc that's irreplaceable.

If I couldn't get Apes anymore the Nuke OS exists, no more Kings I'd go to Laces. Basically there is a good alternative to anything these days.

This brings up an interesting topic. When a mold you like goes oop, what do you do?

Today you can just see what another company is offering. Again, I highly recommend the Discraft Z Crush as a better Teerex alternative. It's my WraithOS.

I've yet to find a disc that's irreplaceable.
I can think of one mold, the Teebird. I can't name another fairway driver that's loses it LSF without gaining any turn as it beats up. Its laser straight on a full rip.

I'm not going to miss the TeeRex, if it is going OOP. I will miss the name though. The little kid in me still thinks it's a great name for a disc.

2ed74vc.jpg

For those who have never seen a TR mold before, feast your eyes. This thing makes my Z Forces feel understable in comparison. Great utility disc if you play fade skips.

The TRX was supposed to be a TeeRex X, but it was less OS than the TR mold, and was re-designated the Wraith X, since it flew closer to a Wraith than a TeeRex. There are Wraith Xs out there with "TRX" on them. The TRX later became the production TeeRex and the TR mold was axed, as it is far too OS for most throwers. TR was also nearly impossible to get down to 175g in Champ plastic. They had to use Blizzard bubbles just to get it molded down to 175g hahahahaha. My TR is a Blizzard Enhanced Champion 175, BTW.

I had a chance to buy a used Blizz last week, and when I went back the shop had closed....

I was trying out an old Star Teerex with a 2006(?) Wham Bam Thank You Am Stamp, alongside a Star Wraith with the same stamp.

They are a great combination, but I cant justify throwing the Teerex since I'll never find a backup.

Anybody still throwing the Teerex? I have been hoarding them ever since they announced it was OOP.

I'll quote myself:

There's four Teerex configurations, though only one should be in production currently.

First run Tee-Rex. Got retooled and dubbed "original mold Tee-Rex" which sucked and was borderline understable. TeeRex-X came out for CFR originally and was the "extra overstable" one. The TeeRex-X has since been retooled and that is what would be current production. Current TeeRex-X flies similar to the original blunt nose first run.

Get either the faster Xcal which I carry, or slower Firebird. **** the 'Rex.

Which mold are you hoarding?

Also, no. Like DanJon said as much as I loved three of the 8-9 I owned I gave them up quick once I learned what I just quoted ^there. FWIW after that post I inevitably dropped the Xcal, stuck with just the Banshee, and re-added the Xcal to my bag...only to re-drop it and replace both with a Firebird. I'm indecisive.

Last edited: