• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Simian bag review video

doth_savek

Par Member
Hey all, I got around to recording a video after testing a friends new Gorilla Boy.
Sorry this is not the brand new version, so this review wont be as useful as these bags may not be around much longer unless you buy used. Still, I wanted to put my opinions out there as I hope it can help some of you make more informed choices when buying a bag.

https://youtu.be/wj_Z5-Yi2jY

I watched the review and was waiting for the downfall you may see in the bag. You mention the zipper being sewn backwards and this is were your keep your towel. I would think that your towel or anything in that compartment would stay drier on a rainy day with the current zipper set up? As for the lack of a safe spot for your cell phone? Pick any of the many compartments, like the one under the seat. When it rings reach down between your legs, unzip, pull it out and see what you got. A very thorough review on your part and it seems like you like it just shell out the dough now.

I love my Simian, but they definitely aren't for everyone. One quick tip that will help - keep the discs upside down in the main compartment. They won't slip out and it makes them easier to grab.

I appreciate the video review and watched its entirety. Not decided yet on the large zipper orientation but I think you may be right.

Just purchased my first Simian recently after admiring/borrowing a few over the past decade. My Tana Pro is the 20+ discs with storage route, but that's not why I got the Simian. I'm happy using a Nutsac or Squirrel Monkey, or playing putter only rounds, and I don't feel obligated to carry a Feldberg amount of discs frequently...I got it for comfortability. Stools are satan and I loathe folding/unfolding them constantly - boom problem solved. Squad deep weekend round with buddies? Easy 6er in one of the two large side pockets. It's basically a giant Squirrel Monkey with an extra cup holder and a ****ton of extra storage space, plus a stool.

Carts don't work at 99% of the courses I play so that route is out the window. I do wish the ungodly amount of pencil holders could be utilized better:wall: I can put a pencil in one pocket and a knife in another...what do I do with the other four small pouches? Individual "cigarettes" or something? Heh..

I heard you say you wanted to review the Ridge. It me up in a few months I'll have something your gonna want to review. ;)

Joe Robinson hit me up on fb :) thanks