• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Foley, AL

Graham Creek - Preserve

3.425(based on 6 reviews)
A fun round if you like spiders
Pros:

Really well upkeep-both baskets and tee pads were in good condition.
Good mix of open and wooded holes. The front nine requires players to hit their gaps if they want to have any shot at birdie. The back nine opens up dramatically with more "grip it and rip it" type holes.
Players don't have to throw 500' to make a good score on this course. There are very few bomber holes and most of the time, if players hit their lines, they will be very happy with their score.
There are a couple of touches on this course that make it unique. There is a hanging basket on one hole and a very unique elevated basket on hole 12.
Tee signage was mediocre. I had Udisc to help and was able to find my way from hole to hole with very little difficulty.
Benches provided on most holes.
Two sets of tee pads on most holes.
Cons:
Spiders. Everywhere. If your tee shot misses the fairway, not only will you take a high score, but you will also find many types of spiders and other assorted bugs. However, this was only a problem on the front nine due to how wooded it was.
Even though the days leading up to my round here had been sunny, there were still some low lying areas in the fairway where there was some mud and a little bit of water.
Some of the holes on the back nine got pretty monotonous due to the lack of challenging lines and because of how open they were.
Other:
I really enjoyed this course. If you are near the Gulf Shores area this course is a must play because it will give even intermediate players a challenging round.
The only thing I would add is that, as of October 2023, I saw no tee signs and no directional signs. I had to do some extra walking and guessing to figure out where I was going and throwing.

Back 9 was a death march. Play Pecan Hollow instead and thank me later.