• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gran Canyon back from the dead??

The stretch of 14-15-16 (Am) was pretty awesome. That area along the neighborhood road where holes like 16 and 6 were, I had never seen before. Hole 16 had enough elements to deal with that, by the time I putted, I had forgotten the tee shot.

Thanks for correlating the Pro & Am holes. My mistake was assuming they changed the starting hole but kept the flow. Now maybe I can piece things together.

Matt's Facebook post was that he particularly liked 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 14.

NOW it makes sense.

Amazing course. Biscoe you could have posted my second round instead. Lol. That first round was painful with two group backups on every hole after 4. Took 6 hours to play Saturday and just over four hours on Sunday.

16, I only took 2 bogeys on the Am weekend, a bogey and a double on #16, 3 roll aways (1OB) lol. It tore me up...but look at that score card for Pro hole 4, 1 par and a bunch of bogey's. I bet that hole played at least 4.5 (a half a stroke over par) even for the pro weekend. Interesting but difficult hole.

Yes, I liked hole 16AM, 4PRO. That was a great hole... THOUGH it was near impossible to judge how far to throw if you were taking the upper route. I chose Leopard down the right sideoff the tee to the center of the fairway, then a Ch Stingray down the right gap up and over the hill both rounds. I figured the Stingray wouldn't hyzer OB and if I threw it low enough, and it turned over, it'd hit the hill and roll safe. I was left with 60 foot approaches both times.

Hole 11 (955 ft) I got a 3 the first round. Wonder how many of those there were. I had about a 25 foot putt. Echo Katana off the tee, Star TL up the left side of the fairway from about 330 out.

I hear that Matt. First round on 4, I was about 35 feet away after my second shot but didn't feel like missing the death putt so layed up for 4. The second round I thought I threw the perfect second shot only to hear the people in my card go oooohhh. Guess it took a giant skip OB. That was an awesome hole.

when I was driving up on Friday I was like... righty hole... righty hole... righty hole... Really?

but I faired well on those. First round I had a bad (horrible drive on #3, and walked away with a 5, but the second round my perfect drive hit a sawgrass stump (invisible off the tee) I was short of the corner a good bit, but got Phlarth to spot. I about put a huge anny with a stingray to the pin, but I hit the lone pine on the way to the basket. Luckily I didn't careen OB. It was a great shot, just hit the only thing in my way.

My favorite part of hole 4 was the backup... While caddying for Elaine on the womens lead card, we hit a backup, I pulled out a hackysack and we had a 10 person circle in no time. Probably the most fun I had all weekend... hacking with Phittles, PP, Elaine, and spectators.