• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great Sayings on the Course

"We got a floater!"-when one gets wet
"Flip and roll"-self explanatory
"treelove/hate"
"Murdered" an immediate halt in a shot
"We got a runner" when an unexpected roller ensues

theres more but i just woke up

I played with a Senior GrandMaster a few years back, and he threw a bad drive, then when he got to his disc, he marked it then said "Time to make some Lemonade" before he threw. I thought it was just so odd and funny, but very appropriate to the situation.

Similar story except every time the old guy I played with would have a bad drive he would say "easy par!" in a reassuring manner. The funny thing is that he almost never got par after saying it.

I played with a Senior GrandMaster a few years back, and he threw a bad drive, then when he got to his disc, he marked it then said "Time to make some Lemonade" before he threw. I thought it was just so odd and funny, but very appropriate to the situation.
Is that when he saturated his adult diaper?

"Man, that was garbage" Michigan guy at our local course just after an errant throw.

Be careful. You'll piss off prerube if you refer to the wrong shark thread.

No one wants to post in leppards because it is in the water cooler, birdman's post is the same thing, but your posts count. the thread where your posts count is naturally going to get more people, even though Leppard put his in the right spot and started his 2 hours earlier.

Last edited:
Wow...get a vacuum, your vajayjay sure is sandy!

Maybe people don't look in the water cooler because it is work hours and full of NSFW crap...ever think of that tough guy?

Eat a combo!

No one wants to post in leppards because it is in the water cooler, birdman's post is the same thing, but your posts count. the thread where your posts count is naturally going to get more people, even though Leppard put his in the right spot and started his 2 hours earlier.
Are you kidding? Besides the race to 5k do you really think people are that shallow? I posted in the one I did because it was the one I saw.

Shot that gets a lucky bank off a tree. "Some good tree lovin there."

We call my buddy '' ACE " he was the first one of five of us to get an ace. Actually the only one so far. (7 months in so far)

Someone gets a shot that you know they didn't plan but came out awesome. "Just like you planned it."

"Cha Ching" on a clutch putt to hit birdie or save par from a horrible drive and or approach.

I think thats it, b/c most of the time were to busy making fun of each other to give any encouragement.:\

Shot shanked into the ground is a "chud"
variations include but are not limited to tree chud, up-chud, air chud, chud-putt

Local route that really isn't a route is a "dirty diaper"

Funniest comment for a missed putt is without a doubt "nice up"

Out of nowhere the other day I kept calling my friend's good shots "tasty". I don't know where I got it, and it started to annoy me (so I can only imagine how it annoyed others), but it is the word that just kept coming out. For some reason I couldn't mix my compliments. Maybe this thread will help.

Cha-Ching- the sound of my post count going up by one!

"Go for the Glory Hole" on a putt that is 40+ feet and you don't try to lay it up, generally ending in a miss and another 10-15 ft putt. Used to be "Go for the Glory" but, well, lets just say the hole got added.

"Go for the Glory Hole" on a putt that is 40+ feet and you don't try to lay it up, generally ending in a miss and another 10-15 ft putt. Used to be "Go for the Glory" but, well, lets just say the hole got added.

On the flip side of this, if someone lays up we tend to say "Playin safety golf today"